U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2008, 08:18 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,115,856 times

Advertisements

This is a longshot...I've done my online research....aside from 2 Chinese Places, fast food and waffle house, apparently there are no restaurants in Knox or Blount County open on Christmas Day. I'm honestly shocked. I do have a small list of restaurants open in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but I do not know their quality.

I do not find it strange at all to go out to dinner on Christmas Day. Many places in FL did a good business that day. If anyone knows a quality restaurant open, within an hour of Knoxville, I'd really appreciate it!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 AM

3,628 posts, read 6,687,094 times
oh boy, it's hard to find ANYTHING open in Tennessee on Thanksgiving or Christmas. good luck.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:26 AM

21,674 posts, read 31,578,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
This is a longshot...I've done my online research....aside from 2 Chinese Places, fast food and waffle house, apparently there are no restaurants in Knox or Blount County open on Christmas Day. I'm honestly shocked. I do have a small list of restaurants open in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, but I do not know their quality.

I do not find it strange at all to go out to dinner on Christmas Day. Many places in FL did a good business that day. If anyone knows a quality restaurant open, within an hour of Knoxville, I'd really appreciate it!
Really? I can remember one year, my husband and I hadn't really planned anything. I was pregnant with Lauren and I somehow talked him out of going to his parent's house. That's amazing in itself. But in all of Lee County, Florida - no small place - the only place we could find open was a Chinese restaurant. It turned out to be one of my best memories of Christmas.

I've never seen a restaurant open up in Mass., either.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:33 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,115,856 times
I don't consider Sarasota as touristy as Gat/PF, but they sure had more restaurants open on xmas eve & xmas day. I guess most places are afraid if they open, no one would come. It's just nice to leave the house that day - go somewhere. A dessert place should be open!!

Love your status hik - I know where that's from and boy does it apply now! Yes we can!

Old 11-08-2008, 08:34 AM

12,532 posts, read 18,207,413 times
Cooper's restaurant at the Airport Hilton will be open on Christmas Day. They usually have a buffet and they have good food. They are also open on Thanksgiving. Their phone # is 970-4300 to the hotel and ask for Cooper's.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,443,346 times
Last year Bill and I decided to go to PF and eat out on Christmas Eve.....PF was shut down, the only place open in PF or Sevierville was Denny's and they were packed. We waited 45 minutes for a table.
It wouldn't surprise me that Christmas Day is the same thing.
Good luck in finding one,
Pam

Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM

783 posts, read 1,165,538 times
If you dont mind going to Gatlinubrg Eleanors in the Park Vista Hotel has a buffet on both Holidays, its really good too. Dont go to Duff's though, we did last year and ugh is all I can say.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I don't consider Sarasota as touristy as Gat/PF, but they sure had more restaurants open on xmas eve & xmas day. I guess most places are afraid if they open, no one would come. It's just nice to leave the house that day - go somewhere. A dessert place should be open!!

Love your status hik - I know where that's from and boy does it apply now! Yes we can!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:54 PM

7,859 posts, read 12,463,782 times
Last year, my daughter and I were alone for Christmas and although I did make a turkey, the day seemed endless so we decided to go to a movie even though would probably be the only ones in the one open movie theatre.

I was shocked to find the movie theatre totally crowded with people. Apparently a lot of people do the same thing. It kept our minds off of our loneliness because there were just so many others in the same boat.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Last year, my daughter and I were alone for Christmas and although I did make a turkey, the day seemed endless so we decided to go to a movie even though would probably be the only ones in the one open movie theatre.

I was shocked to find the movie theatre totally crowded with people. Apparently a lot of people do the same thing. It kept our minds off of our loneliness because there were just so many others in the same boat.
I could be wrong, but I thought Christmas Day is the biggest box office day of the year. If it isn't, then it is pretty close to first, but I think it is the top day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville