Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 03:29 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times

Advertisements

So I wanted to wish all the Knoxville folks a happy holiday and farewell!

So I went to Knoxville in search of a place to call "home", people in Knoxville and yes I say people though I hate to generalize but Knoxville folks were some of the friendliest I have ever met. And I met Knoxville folks originally from that of Oregon, Ohio, Bama, Florida, etc., but that friendliness is contagious, keep it going.

I worked as a Peace Officer and recently finished a Masters degree. At first I was seeking to purchase a beginner home and start a Private I/Geneaology business in Knoxville, possibly a non-profit foster care to give back to the community. In light of the state of economy and the recent elections, which goes hand in hand, I decided to return home to Colorado to await entrance to PhD of Public Policy school. I understand that not many have the opportunity to pursue a PhD and I do not take it for granted. Unfortunately University of Tennessee does not have my focus either or I would've simply stayed.

One final note I did find the distinction of Knoxville to be fairly accurate, that of West Knox more posh, North Knox more spread out/strip malls, South and East Knox more rural and Downtown/Fort Sanders dominated by the University. The general area was pretty large, though spread out. And the city is slowly but steadily renovating many lofts downtown anticipating after this recession to bring more population and businesses to Knox, so look for it to boom and grow perhaps not in the next 8 years but certainly in the next 20 years. Though I will not contribute to Knoxville directly, I look forward to contributing to this Great Nation and knoxville indirectly in the near future after my doctorates. Godspeed America!

Last edited by RangerDuke08; 11-28-2008 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 03:40 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,904 times
Ranger, wishing you all life's best, yes a PHD is for sure the way to go if opportunity is there to acquire one. Wishing you well and please come back soon and visit our wonderful city and state.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:26 PM

20 posts, read 54,403 times
Best wishes, Ranger.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:46 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Good luck in your studies. Too bad you aren't staying because there's a house going up for auction on the 6th that I decided it was perfect for you. I had been wondering if you were in town.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,254 times
Sorry to see that you are leaving! But, I do wish you all the best in your studies and I agree that it's a great opportunity for you! Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-28-2008, 09:05 PM

152 posts, read 332,980 times
Sorry to see you go. but wish you luck in life wherever you go.

Jen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: