Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM

153 posts, read 526,202 times

Advertisements

thank you to all that have suggested the plateau as well. cheaper and closer are certainly welcome.

any specific places you would recommend, or websites to look at. I am finding far fewer listings for that area, but I might not know how to properly search.

Anywhere that is at a bit more elevation? One feature we are looking for is to escape a bit of the summer heat if we can.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
The only way I know to escape the summer heat is get above 3500 feet and there are very few homes at that elevation in TN. The plateau is 5 - 10 degrees cooler than the rest of us. Probably your best bet. That and an air conditioner.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:00 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,655 times
I suggest anywhere but Sevier County.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM

153 posts, read 526,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
I suggest anywhere but Sevier County.
Thanks,

any particular reason why? or do you just find it too crowded/expensive?

Old 01-10-2009, 12:21 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post
Thanks,

That person may not come back.

Seveirville/Pigeon Forge would not be my first choice either because I hate tourist areas. However, I cannot stress enough the screaming deals there. It is starting to look like "Florida to the north" with every fourth cabin up for sale, or worse.

LOTS of foreclosures.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:45 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
Tons of cabins stuck on the side of a hill somewhere. Tons of cars on the road and people in the businesses. Great if you're a business owner, not so great if you're trying to have dinner with your family without an hour's wait for a table.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Tons of cabins stuck on the side of a hill somewhere. Tons of cars on the road and people in the businesses. Great if you're a business owner, not so great if you're trying to have dinner with your family without an hour's wait for a table.
Not something I would want either, but if this is your sort of thing the bargains are now and probably for quite a while to come.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Must. not. look. for. a. shack. with. a. creek.

Put down that book. Step away form the MLS. Why do you tempt me Hik?

I must remind myself that my streamside "office" in the park has no property taxes and the maintenace is shared by mother nature and all the US taxpayers. The only expense is gas and buying a new lawn chair when I accidentally leave one behind. That's the best thing about living in Knoxville. Daytrips to the smokies.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Must. not. look. for. a. shack. with. a. creek.

Put down that book. Step away form the MLS. Why do you tempt me Hik?

I must remind myself that my streamside "office" in the park has no property taxes and the maintenace is shared by mother nature and all the US taxpayers. The only expense is gas and buying a new lawn chair when I accidentally leave one behind. That's the best thing about living in Knoxville. Daytrips to the smokies.
It would be nice, wouldn't it. Probably a lot of headaches, though. I bet I could find you a nice one, but I'm not an agent; I only play one on tv.

Besides, I'm too busy trying to find my husband a commercial property. Not much fun.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:57 AM

623 posts, read 1,542,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post
Thanks,

The prices of homes and tourists. You can find cheaper in Blount County and certainly in Monroe county. My ideal spot in the smokies would be Townsend, but it can get quite pricey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville