U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,745,569 times
Reputation: 220

Advertisements

Just wanted to share.
My family went to Cades Cove yesterday, the weather was wonderful!I find the mnts very beautiful! I stood looking at them , took a deep breath, and felt
such peace and such beauty! I KNOW this is corny, but just wanted to share I DO love those mnts

 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
 
Location: On the plateau, TN
15,205 posts, read 10,572,870 times
Reputation: 9983
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Just wanted to share.
My family went to Cades Cove yesterday, the weather was wonderful!I find the mnts very beautiful! I stood looking at them , took a deep breath, and felt
such peace and such beauty! I KNOW this is corny, but just wanted to share I DO love those mnts
See any cows over there.....
 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,745,569 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
See any cows over there.....
LOL, no, lots of BEAUTIFUL deer and horses!One was so close to the fence you could go out and pet it (even though your not suppose too)
 
Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 AM
 
Location: somewhere over the rainbow Ohio
2,017 posts, read 4,793,877 times
Reputation: 1527
Hey Phyll,
Sounds like a really satisfying time. How are the local cows doing over there in Bean Station???
Pam
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
665 posts, read 1,745,569 times
Reputation: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Hey Phyll,
Sounds like a really satisfying time. How are the local cows doing over there in Bean Station???
Pam
LOL, Finally met the owner, he was coming out on the road in his truck, of course I was taking pics on my phone , I got caught, he said ANYTIME I wanted to take pictures of his cows and son's feel free! He was such a NICE, NICE man!I was glad to meet him!I also was glad he met the crazy lady taking pictures of his cows. He also had an adorable little light brown goat I told hm I wanted to steal it!!!
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
 
15,320 posts, read 27,461,888 times
Reputation: 18793
LOL @ all of y'all about the cows! Phyll's claim to fame!

Bones - tsk tsk tsk for starting it! At least you're consistent!
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Strawberry Plains, TN
148 posts, read 280,236 times
Reputation: 93
Ha Ha Ha I also have cows in the field by my house and am always taking pics of them. I'm a city girl but am learning fast how lovely it is to live in the country. Every now and again I'd hear them all mooing and then i realised it was when the trucks came to take away their little ones. I am now devastated when I hear them mooing.
 
Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 AM
 
Location: On the plateau, TN
15,205 posts, read 10,572,870 times
Reputation: 9983
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
LOL @ all of y'all about the cows! Phyll's claim to fame!

Bones - tsk tsk tsk for starting it! At least you're consistent!

Phyll is a good sport about her "fame"....but she and ladyofengland bring out some interesting points....many people have never encountered cows and horses in person. Though they are not wild animals, they are part of the beauty of nature.....
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
 
15,320 posts, read 27,461,888 times
Reputation: 18793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Phyll is a good sport about her "fame"....but she and ladyofengland bring out some interesting points....many people have never encountered cows and horses in person. Though they are not wild animals, they are part of the beauty of nature.....
Yep, not everyone grew up with them like others and myself did. Of course, not everyone got the thrill of cleaning out the chicken coop either! I can just see it now, year 2036, Phyll is posting about some random thing and then Bones' nurse types in for him asking about the cows......
 
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: On the plateau, TN
15,205 posts, read 10,572,870 times
Reputation: 9983
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Yep, not everyone grew up with them like others and myself did. Of course, not everyone got the thrill of cleaning out the chicken coop either! I can just see it now, year 2036, Phyll is posting about some random thing and then Bones' nurse types in for him asking about the cows......
That's ok as long as I can still visit and see the beautiful Smoky and Cumberland mountains.....

Hopefully not nurse Rachett......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top