U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:57 PM

1,754 posts, read 3,698,393 times

Advertisements

We took the kids to Wonder Works aka the upside down place, on Sunday. We all had a blast. The first exhibit room was sort of boring and I worried that we spent a hundred bucks on THAT!?!?! The coin flip, find the purple bead wasn't much. The rest of the museum more than makes up for it though. There's a printable coupon for money off the visit, be it a combo ticket or just admission. Some for restaurants owned by the same company as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 03:17 AM

6 posts, read 11,249 times
I am really curious about the upside down place. and also shopping, of course... I dont like spending hours by shopping if my mother is with me but maybe I enjoy it with my friends

Last edited by aragorngs; 02-20-2009 at 04:09 AM..

Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM

1,754 posts, read 3,698,393 times
Wonderworks Upside Down Building Upside Down Attraction in Pigeon Forge TN Family Fun Coupons

Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 AM

253 posts, read 707,866 times
Default bring lots of cash...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Drive down the road a bit to Gatlinburg and go to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park for some hiking and sightseeing. It's beautiful.
i agree, being a family of 5, and money tight for all, we do the free stuff, and hike alot....the hikes are great, and the scenery is the best!!! and did i mention basically free???? lol
we do love sevierville/gaitlinburg....but it can get expensive fast, the average cost per entertainment for a family is 50-75 bucks, which ads up fast when ya still got to throw a meal in there.
ya can walk downtown gaitlenburg for the cost of parking fee(couple bucks) and really have a good time just window shopping, get a old time photo to have as a keepsake, there is a little "village" in heart of town thats tucked behind main, thats GREAT!!! ya feel like ya are in germany or somthing...and there is a terrific little donut shop, cheap and soooo yummy!!!!! check it out!!!
whatever you decide to do...have a great time, take lots of pics, and just relax and enjoy it!!! i have heard that the aquarium is great, but for the same price, ya can go to the one in chattanooga, its like twice if not more bigger, we went to it, and it was GREAT, again, same price, but so much more bigger then gaitlinburgs.
cades cove is great....be prepared to stop alot and drive slow, not sure how it is right now, but its a great place to see.
there is lots of scenic drives in this area, heck, coming from KY into Knox on I-75 is sooo scenic, ya hardly can believe your coming into a city!!!
have a good vacation!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 03:59 PM

again, thanks for the information. I cant wait for the summer. I hope it will be great. And maybe you help us visiting around when we come

Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 AM

I want to learn prices of housing(motels). Are there anyone who are aware of the prices of motels in Sevierville?(Min. and max.)

Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 AM

6 posts, read 6,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
We have yet to go to the upside down place. Every time we drive by it, we say we have to plan to do that. I have heard a lot of folks say it is a "must do". I love looking at it though as we drive by. haahhahahah.
Wonderworks is a wonderful place, so much for children as well as adults. My family and I have gone several times in the past year.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 AM

6 posts, read 6,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlady71 View Post
i agree, being a family of 5, and money tight for all, we do the free stuff, and hike alot....the hikes are great, and the scenery is the best!!! and did i mention basically free???? lol
we do love sevierville/gaitlinburg....but it can get expensive fast, the average cost per entertainment for a family is 50-75 bucks, which ads up fast when ya still got to throw a meal in there.
ya can walk downtown gaitlenburg for the cost of parking fee(couple bucks) and really have a good time just window shopping, get a old time photo to have as a keepsake, there is a little "village" in heart of town thats tucked behind main, thats GREAT!!! ya feel like ya are in germany or somthing...and there is a terrific little donut shop, cheap and soooo yummy!!!!! check it out!!!
whatever you decide to do...have a great time, take lots of pics, and just relax and enjoy it!!! i have heard that the aquarium is great, but for the same price, ya can go to the one in chattanooga, its like twice if not more bigger, we went to it, and it was GREAT, again, same price, but so much more bigger then gaitlinburgs.
cades cove is great....be prepared to stop alot and drive slow, not sure how it is right now, but its a great place to see.
there is lots of scenic drives in this area, heck, coming from KY into Knox on I-75 is sooo scenic, ya hardly can believe your coming into a city!!!
have a good vacation!!!
My wife and I found out that most of the places in the area extend a local discount. I believe that all of the shows offer it. I know that there are Sevier County days at many of the major attractions. We went to splash country for $5 per person and then upgraded to season passes for $43 a piece, we are at splash country at least once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville