U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 PM

15,304 posts, read 27,438,288 times

Advertisements

I think it should be a requirement that the candidate bleed ORANGE. I mean that sincerely. No more folks please that don't care about the area, the people and the University. They are either ready to sing Rocky Top in the shower or they can hit the road.

I still say Pat Summit for Prez!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM

6,486 posts, read 14,136,829 times
I think Summit would make a great one. But what in the world would the Lady Vols do!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 PM

11,840 posts, read 32,780,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I think it should be a requirement that the candidate bleed ORANGE. I mean that sincerely. No more folks please that don't care about the area, the people and the University. They are either ready to sing Rocky Top in the shower or they can hit the road.

I still say Pat Summit for Prez!
SMG, you rock!!!

I think singing Rocky Top from memory should be part of the interview process. And they'd better be able to do the "whooo!" part during the chorus!

Pat Summitt would make an AWESOME president. And anyone who thinks she's not academic enough needs to take a chill. She makes her Lady Vols study and get good grades more than any university president ever has.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
SMG, you rock!!!

I think singing Rocky Top from memory should be part of the interview process. And they'd better be able to do the "whooo!" part during the chorus!

Pat Summitt would make an AWESOME president. And anyone who thinks she's not academic enough needs to take a chill. She makes her Lady Vols study and get good grades more than any university president ever has.
She has a 100% graduation rate! She is a proven winner. She might shape up quite a few things at UT and I can't imagine anything that she can't do!

(drats, sorry I misspelled Summitt in earlier posts)

Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 PM

11,840 posts, read 32,780,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
She has a 100% graduation rate! She is a proven winner. She might shape up quite a few things at UT and I can't imagine anything that she can't do!

(drats, sorry I misspelled Summitt in earlier posts)
And can you imagine how she would deal with unproductive administrators? I think her piercing eyes could make steel melt. She'd shape up the UT administration in a hurry! And holy cow she would have donors lined up around the block eager to give money to the school.

I think you're onto something, SMG! I wonder if we should start a Pat Summitt for President campaign?

Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
And can you imagine how she would deal with unproductive administrators? I think her piercing eyes could make steel melt. She'd shape up the UT administration in a hurry! And holy cow she would have donors lined up around the block eager to give money to the school.

I think you're onto something, SMG! I wonder if we should start a Pat Summitt for President campaign?
I think we just did!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 AM

I'll join. Where's the buttons and stickers!?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,251,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Well, for a sec I was pretty excited. But turns out this Jan character's a guy? Hm. Why does the university have to be continually run by old white men? Don't get me wrong, if an old white man's the most qualified, let him have it, but I think a black, Asian, female etc. president could bring some much-needed diversity to the presidential post - as well as some fresh perspective!

And I don't know ANY professors that make anywhere near $300k. What in the world does this guy DO???
And why does he make so much, yet the rest of the staff makes peanuts.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:53 PM

63 posts, read 181,868 times
Whoever the next UT President is, all I ask is this- please bring the University back to its roots and remind everyone who it is there to serve- its students.

As a current UT student on hiatus due to factors outside my control and in large part due to the 'no care' attitude that the University currently has in place, This topic is close to home with me.

As someone who has sang Rocky Top and bled Orange all my life, I now have a very bad view of the University... under Peterson especially who viewed it as a business enterprise and students as customers he could milk every penny out of... instead of raising tuition and cutting jobs, how about dismantling all the red tape that has sprung up that makes it extremely hard to ever graduate from UT Knoxville? That would certainly save alot of money.

My pick? I would love for someone to track down Loren Crabtree- I enjoyed his tenure as Chancellor at UT Knoxville, and I am not alone in my respect for this man- students and faculty alike.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM

I was at UT under Crabtree. He seemed like a fine fellow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or