Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 09:53 PM

132 posts, read 191,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Did you bring down that crappy weather that is headed our way?

Welcome!
We got here Tuesday afternoon... I don't think so! If you are pointing the finger, just remember that three are pointing back at you... Never used that one before, (not even in grade school) but figured you needed to chill out a bit and smile more Hik'!

I checked the forecast and still think that will be better than the zero and negative temps (along with chances of lake effect snow they are getting up there this week! Remember, you really can't complain considering where you used to live as well...

So smile when you need to where only a jacket in February! I saw some grass starting to green-up in Knoxville today!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehopper View Post
We got here Tuesday afternoon... I don't think so! If you are pointing the finger, just remember that three are pointing back at you... Never used that one before, (not even in grade school) but figured you needed to chill out a bit and smile more Hik'!

I checked the forecast and still think that will be better than the zero and negative temps (along with chances of lake effect snow they are getting up there this week! Remember, you really can't complain considering where you used to live as well...

So smile when you need to where only a jacket in February! I saw some grass starting to green-up in Knoxville today!!!
Um, I was smiling and joking, even included a smiley face and a laughing face. Or did you actually think that I thought you brought down cold weather? Good God, you need to chill out, you're in Tennessee now.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Um, I was smiling and joking, even included a smiley face and a laughing face. Or did you actually think that I thought you brought down cold weather? Good God, you need to chill out, you're in Tennessee now.
Actually, I thought I was kidding around with you a bit... There goes another Oooops on how to write it only as serious as I meant it to be... Sorry, just thought I was messing around. No harm meant Remember when I was blamed for bringing it down with me in January? Just playing on that...

Guess I better start playing more and paying attention more to how I come across. Texting can mislead like that a lot!

Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,347,702 times
Quote:
Actually, I thought I was kidding around with you a bit... There goes another Oooops on how to write it only as serious as I meant it to be... Sorry, just thought I was messing around. No harm meant Remember when I was blamed for bringing it down with me in January? Just playing on that...

Guess I better start playing more and paying attention more to how I come across. Texting can mislead like that a lot!
Shoot, in 6 months, you'll be messing and joking with the best of us and you will be understood. There is an art to softening what and how you say things. I can't say I'm successful at softening my delivery each time, but I do try and tone down my "New Yorkness".
So on to another topic Lakehopper..... do tell us how you are finding life in Tennessee? Have you counted your blessings having the wonderful weather we had last weekend and rubbing your hands together in glee because all those residents of NY state are all under 2 feet of snow and having a frigid winter? I love making those phone calls to family and bragging on how warm it is and I'm outside without a coat!

Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
... do tell us how you are finding life in Tennessee? Have you counted your blessings having the wonderful weather we had last weekend and rubbing your hands together in glee because all those residents of NY state are all under 2 feet of snow and having a frigid winter? I love making those phone calls to family and bragging on how warm it is and I'm outside without a coat!
With it being 13 with a chill index of -2 this morning in Syracuse, I can count my blessings in tens of degrees just about every day! I did leave my snow blower in my brother-in-law's garage on purpose when I left... I didn't dare sell it before I left in mid-winter! We left there in blowing snow... They are not having a big snow year though with only 100 inches by the time I left... They will need another 100 to win the "Golden Snowball". Check out goldensnowball.com and see what I mean. Some areas outside of Syracuse get a lot more snow all the time. They measure their snowfall in feet more than inches!

As far as the weather here, we are soaking in that big radiant heater in the sky and smiling a lot! Even with 31 degrees (when I got up this morning), it didn't bother me. I know that here it is very temporary compared to where I left and they still cheer this time of year if it gets this "warm" by late afternoon...

Calhoun's on the River is very nice place for dinner Monday night! Afterward, we received a very detailed history lesson from a man from Morristown as we were on our way along the water's edge toward our car. About 45 minutes later, it was getting a little chilly (mid 40's) and we had to regrettably part ways.

So, we are LOVING it!!!

Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
With it being 13 with a chill index of -2 this morning in Syracuse, I can count my blessings in tens of degrees just about every day! I did leave my snow blower in my brother-in-law's garage on purpose when I left... I didn't dare sell it before I left in mid-winter! We left there in blowing snow... They are not having a big snow year though with only 100 inches by the time I left... They will need another 100 to win the "Golden Snowball". Check out goldensnowball.com and see what I mean. Some areas outside of Syracuse get a lot more snow all the time. They measure their snowfall in feet more than inches!

As far as the weather here, we are soaking in that big radiant heater in the sky and smiling a lot! Even with 31 degrees (when I got up this morning), it didn't bother me. I know that here it is very temporary compared to where I left and they still cheer this time of year if it gets this "warm" by late afternoon...

Calhoun's on the River is very nice place for dinner Monday night! Afterward, we received a very detailed history lesson from a man from Morristown as we were on our way along the water's edge toward our car. About 45 minutes later, it was getting a little chilly (mid 40's) and we had to regrettably part ways.

So, we are LOVING it!!!

Yee haw! Lakehopper! How can you not love it in Tennessee? I love it more as each year passes that I'm here.I am glad to hear you are all loving it.
Pam

Old 02-27-2014, 02:06 PM

710 posts, read 1,960,733 times
It occurred to me today that I can now join in on this thread. We moved to a rental house in Knoxville in December. I guess I'm a little slow. Hi, Pam! I see you there!

We are closing on the home we are buying in a week. Yay! Very excited. We got the "cleared to close" email today, so it is a go unless something really crazy happens. I have been sort of feeling like I don't really live in Knoxville until we buy a house. That is the dumbest thing ever. But, see above about being slow sometimes.

We live near Cedar Bluff now but are moving to "north central" Knox soon (really it's sort of East Knox but it's listed on the maps as north central, go figure). We tried and tried to move to Fountain City and even came *this* close, but it just never did happen.

Anyway, hi!

Old 02-28-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
It occurred to me today that I can now join in on this thread. We moved to a rental house in Knoxville in December. I guess I'm a little slow. Hi, Pam! I see you there!

We are closing on the home we are buying in a week. Yay! Very excited. We got the "cleared to close" email today, so it is a go unless something really crazy happens. I have been sort of feeling like I don't really live in Knoxville until we buy a house. That is the dumbest thing ever. But, see above about being slow sometimes.

We live near Cedar Bluff now but are moving to "north central" Knox soon (really it's sort of East Knox but it's listed on the maps as north central, go figure). We tried and tried to move to Fountain City and even came *this* close, but it just never did happen.

Anyway, hi!
Wordy! I didn't know yall had made it to Knoxville. Shoot, I could have had you over for some coffee. Well we can still do coffee, you don't live that far away. So the place on Mid lake wasn't in the cards?
Well at least you are residents of Knoxville. I am glad of that. Shoot me a DM with your number and we'll make coffee plans.
Pam

Old 03-01-2014, 05:36 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Did you buy in Parkridge? I'll come for coffee too, if I'm not working! Congrats!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:46 AM

Hik,
Cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville