U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 PM

780 posts, read 1,581,883 times

Advertisements

Mystic, I havent been on lately, sorry about your son, sure hope he is doing much better.

We spent the evening at the most beautiful home tonight, 12 of us played bunco and had so much fun, one of the tables was outside on the patio looking out over the mountains, it was breezy and so nice that everyone at that table wanted to lose so they could stay out there. The home was lovely, and its for sale, gee, if I could win a lottery maybe I could afford it, LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day, going to a cookout Monday and then to the Smokies game that night so hope it doesnt rain

Take care everyone, stay safe this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,274,563 times
Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:40 PM

204 posts, read 506,253 times
Hi everyone !!! Gailli love BUNCO ! Lots of fun, food, and friends.

Hope everyone is doing well. Mystic I hope your son is better.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:07 PM

780 posts, read 1,581,883 times
TN405, first time I have played in years and it was a blast. The home we went to was so beautiful with the most gorgeous Mountain View from the upper Deck, it was like being on a balcony of a cruise ship. Food was awesome as was the company.

Maybe someday if we can find enough people we can have a bunco party, good way to get to know people since you change tables so much.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE AND DONT FORGET THE REASON WE ARE CELEBRATING, ALL THE LIVES LOST

Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 PM

811 posts, read 1,797,077 times
Thanks for the well-wishes! He is back home and doing good, thanks God for that.

We are trying to start a monthly Bunco with my mom's group but I have never played before so I am looking forward to that! The house sounds beautiful

Have fun at the Smokies Game, KnoxvilleMommies is going in June-we're selling tickets as a fundraiser but I am so excited to go, I have never been to one before!

Memorial Day is probably going to be pretty low-key here, just cooking out and hanging with friends. Have a great one, everyone!!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 4,914,068 times
Hi everyone, Haven't been here in awhile but wanted to say to you all to have a safe Memorial Day.
Mystic, Didn't know your son was sick, but am thankful he is home and feeling better. I have had it twice and it is hard to deal with and for a baby well that is just awful.
Bebette, Change of address yet?
Suzanne, Best of luck with the selling process, you might want to get some meds when that sign goes up, lol!
Same ole garbage here, nothing new---I lead a boring life!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 AM

15,205 posts, read 10,599,166 times
Painter, any feedback on selling your place down there..... I see the East coast has gotten quite alot of rain....

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM

4,728 posts, read 9,087,337 times
Default In a town near you - we'll be there!

LOL, painter. A boring life? I think you lead the same kind of life that we all lead. I feel like one day is just like the last, but there is always a fire to put out!!

Suzanne, I hope that we all sell in quick order. All we have to do is to be willing to swallow hard, get those funny pills that Painter recommended, and put the sign out.

Bebette. I hope that moving day goes smoothly. What an exciting time for you and hubby.

DH and I will be passing through the Knox area tomorrow on our return trip from Michigan back to GA. We plan on stopping overnight and checking out Blount Co. and Sevier Co. a bit more. Hopefully, we'll meet up with at least one of our good friends here.

Then, back up in June for several days to get a little more serious with REALLY looking with our realtor. I sure hope something happens this year yet.

We have one couple who is going to be coming over to look at our house next week. They have liked it since they first saw it a couple of years ago and heard through the grapevine that we will be selling. The hubby said that they would like to have first chance before we sign up with a realtor and get it on the market.

I know that we have all heard comments like that, but it happened to us with both of our last two housed and they both sold before we could sign with anyone just word of mouth! So, it does happen. Where there is breath, there is hope!!

Watch for the orange 'vette from GA over the next couple of days - and HONK if you see us!! We'll stop for a honk.

Have a great weekend, all. See y'all soon.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,274,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Thanks for the well-wishes! He is back home and doing good, thanks God for that.

We are trying to start a monthly Bunco with my mom's group but I have never played before so I am looking forward to that! The house sounds beautiful

Have fun at the Smokies Game, KnoxvilleMommies is going in June-we're selling tickets as a fundraiser but I am so excited to go, I have never been to one before!

Memorial Day is probably going to be pretty low-key here, just cooking out and hanging with friends. Have a great one, everyone!!

That is great to hear that your son is doing much better! Thanks for the update

What is Bunco?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 PM

811 posts, read 1,797,077 times
Um, it's a dice game where you advance from table to table...I have never played so I am not very knowledgable, sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville