U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,894 times

Advertisements

First post!

Hi everybody. I live in northish Knoxville. I am forcing myself too come out from under my rock! I have succumbed to way too much work and no play for way to long. So I have a question!

Where can a man go to meet friends around town these days? I love the water. I was thinking maybe Concord Park etc? (free stuff & normal people, does not have to invovle water.) Where are the cool places to go now and have fun, meet new firends? (daylight hours? )

Thanks!

ITV

Last edited by InTuneVibes; 07-01-2009 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,795,016 times
Wrlcome and hey In tune vibes!

I haven't got a clue where you can go and meet people. Bill and I meet people just going to Sam's and Walmart. We lead a quiet dull life and never feel the need to meet anyone outside of the realm of stranger chit chat around town.
I just wanted to welcome you to the chat thread and wish you luck in finding company. How old do you happen to be?
Pam

Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 AM

204 posts, read 505,296 times
Good day all ! I love the temperatures outside today and tonight it is supposed to be in the upper 50's. Can't beat that for July !! Love it love it love it.
Hope all are doing well.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:52 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,795,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn405 View Post
Good day all ! I love the temperatures outside today and tonight it is supposed to be in the upper 50's. Can't beat that for July !! Love it love it love it.
Hope all are doing well.
Tn405,
Where ya been and what have you been keeping busy with? Has anyone heard from BeBette? Hows her house coming along?
Pam

Old 07-02-2009, 04:47 PM

780 posts, read 1,579,627 times
Bebette is very happy in her new home, she has finally just about finsihed with all her unpacking and organizing. Her Grandson is visiting her right now for two weeks so she is busy with him. They are starting their landscaping soon, hopefully she will find her way on to the board soon and tell you guys herself. Her house is really nice, havent seen it inside yet as I have been waiting for her to get it all finsished.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:22 PM

204 posts, read 505,296 times
I am here. Life is good ! Just don't post much but I do enjoy reading what others say.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,894 times
Thanks for the reply. I'm 35.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:27 PM

22,553 posts, read 47,249,522 times
Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone.

Hubby's business is doing very well. We never leased a building. Just working out of the house.

I'm still out of work. Kidney issue. Still hoping to go to real estate school as soon as I feel better.

Lauren is having a great summer, home with mom, dad and doggie!

InTune: We are 47 (me) and 40 (him) but we just hang out on the patio and enjoy the yard. I wish I could help but we don't go anywhere and we always are with the nine-year-old!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 AM

15,321 posts, read 27,473,496 times
InTune - welcome to the forum!

We are brand new empty nesters. We spent yesterday in Jonesborough, last weekend in Pigeon Forge, today at our house (grilling in the backyard) and tomorrow at the lake. We mostly hang out with family and friends from work. Good luck to you!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:44 PM

6,486 posts, read 14,152,389 times
Quote:
Where can a man go to meet friends around town these days? I love the water. I was thinking maybe Concord Park etc? (free stuff & normal people, does not have to invovle water.) Where are the cool places to go now and have fun, meet new firends? (daylight hours? )
By town did you mean Fountain City? Or Knoxville. I would say head to downtown to catch whatever's going on (unfortunately Sundown just ended...). Definitely hit the Old City circuit. Catch a few bars, see who you meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville