U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-14-2010, 12:46 AM
 
Location: America, Inc.
1,012 posts, read 2,426,396 times
Reputation: 360

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
What weather...... I thought we were going to miss Spring this year.... Even had the wood stove going last night and a few small patches of light frost this morning....even split some wood today....
That was that morning where we narrowly missed that aforementioned light frost. Got down to 40 at my house, supposedly 37 at the airport. Glad we missed, I HATE late frosts Anyone in outlying areas or towards the foothills get any light frost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Seymour TN
1,908 posts, read 5,647,203 times
Reputation: 1245
We didn't have frost here... I hope there's not another night in the 30s though. We seemed to go from the 40s to the 60s (I missed those 50s), then jumped to the 80s, now we are getting some 70s. 70s are my favorite!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,554 posts, read 47,371,866 times
Reputation: 13400
I like 70s, too. It got up to 80, yesterday.

It's suppose to be in the high 60s to 70s, starting this Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
 
Location: America, Inc.
1,012 posts, read 2,426,396 times
Reputation: 360
I've been loving this weather, but honestly, I'm a bit concerned. It was just like this in April several years and it ended up being the beginning of a long drought and summer temps in the upper 90's. April is supposed to be one of our rainier months and its been pretty dry the last few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,554 posts, read 47,371,866 times
Reputation: 13400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
I've been loving this weather, but honestly, I'm a bit concerned. It was just like this in April several years and it ended up being the beginning of a long drought and summer temps in the upper 90's. April is supposed to be one of our rainier months and its been pretty dry the last few weeks.
Well, the flowers are huge because of all of the rain that we had this winter. Things are flowering that I never saw flower before. However, because of the heat, I don't think a lot of the flowers are lasting that long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM
 
Location: Seymour TN
1,908 posts, read 5,647,203 times
Reputation: 1245
The Bradford pears bloomed differently this year. A lot of them in this area were all green before they turned white and usually it's vice versa. I don't have any flower theories....not super observant that way....but it could be that each year is different in small ways.

Anyone check the farmer's almanac? I don't want any trees to die this year!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
 
Location: America, Inc.
1,012 posts, read 2,426,396 times
Reputation: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
The Bradford pears bloomed differently this year. A lot of them in this area were all green before they turned white and usually it's vice versa. I don't have any flower theories....not super observant that way....but it could be that each year is different in small ways.

Anyone check the farmer's almanac? I don't want any trees to die this year!!!!
It had to do with the fast warm up after a late spring beginning. Usually things start much earlier than they did this year and bloom slowly throughout March and April. This year it seems like everything opened up in a matter of a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,554 posts, read 47,371,866 times
Reputation: 13400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
It had to do with the fast warm up after a late spring beginning. Usually things start much earlier than they did this year and bloom slowly throughout March and April. This year it seems like everything opened up in a matter of a couple of weeks.
Yep. Things are surely different. I also noticed that, probably because of the rain, flowers and trees that didn't normally bloom, or not as well, were blooming like crazy this year. It is coming and going fast, though. I also noticed that the daffodils were GORGEOUS and then quickly drooped in that heat. It's a beautiful temp now, but a lot of the flowers are going away. It's still pretty, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
10,509 posts, read 14,343,593 times
Reputation: 23379
I'll be in Knoxville this weekend, do y'all think there will be any wildflowers still in bloom at IJams?

I want to go to the plant sale, the Rossini fest and the BBQ fest, and the art tours, there aren't enough hours in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,554 posts, read 47,371,866 times
Reputation: 13400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I'll be in Knoxville this weekend, do y'all think there will be any wildflowers still in bloom at IJams?

I want to go to the plant sale, the Rossini fest and the BBQ fest, and the art tours, there aren't enough hours in the day.
If this helps, there are lots of wildflowers in bloom in my yard. I know. It is going to be a crazy but wonderful weekend! I'm torn between having a yard sale or going downtown. I really, really want to get rid of this stuff but I will miss everything and who the heck is going to be going to yard sales. I think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top