Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 08:23 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,378,623 times

Advertisements

West Knoxville was hit bad, and at the time the first hail struck, we had left a networking meeting, and cars were totaled and my truck was damaged badly. The woods and walking trails at Concord, sustained lots of fallen trees, and several broken down from the winds and will take months to clean up. We hit the woods tonight and with 8 miles of trails, lots of damage. Roofers will have a hay day, for months and all the body shops will have alll they can do for a while. Parking lots had some 8 inches piled up, and never seen anything like it before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM

780 posts, read 1,759,801 times
Default Everyone doing well

Hi, I havent been on here in a long long time but doesnt mean I wasnt thinking of everyone last week during the storm. I hope everyone made out okay and damage wasnt too severe.

I am still living now in Sevierville and I love it, have a lease on a really nice house for ten years across street from Beach Bette. Doing well, had back surgery a few months ago so still trying to get back to normal from that.

Hope everyone is doing well, anyone want to say hi email is still lgroh@aol.com

Linda

Oh, still friends with several couples from the original Newcomers Group so it was great we had those

Old 05-06-2011, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,069 times
Default Hello

How long have you lived there? We are moving to TN at the end of november, and we are trying to find the best location to start off with a rental house or lease.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:09 PM

13 posts, read 18,929 times
This thread is pretty active! If any locals have time, please take a look at my posting titled "questions: life for UTK student." I'm relocating for grad school and have some specific questions about the area.

Have a great day!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:08 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,038,118 times
I missed my 5 year anniversary this past Monday when I signed the papers for the old log cabin on the plateau.....

Boy time flys when you enjoy yoursely....

Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,335,278 times
Well Bones and Mrs. Bones,
Happy Anniversary for 5 years in your wonderful cozy cabin. I think a trip to Knoxville is in order to celebrate, what do you think? We can raise our coffee cups in tribute to Bill.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:51 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,926 times
I may not be there but am in spirit...I too will raise a cup!
Hope y'all are doing good, still waiting with baited breath here to be able to join you in those beautiful hills!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I may not be there but am in spirit...I too will raise a cup!
Hope y'all are doing good, still waiting with baited breath here to be able to join you in those beautiful hills!
Painter, Good to see you cowgirl! Alright, I have to admit something..... due to lack of circulation, I had to uncross everything. I hope you do make it to our fine hills soon!
Pam

Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM

86 posts, read 132,031 times
So I finally got down to TN this weekend and visited Chattanooga, so it's between there and Knoxville, well the burbs, don't want to live in the city. BTW, was looking at your blog from 2009, how is Bill doing?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 AM

Hammockbrain-

Read the blog, I can't ruin it for you, but thanks for asking.
Since I live in Northeast Knoxville, Knoxville gets my vote between Chatt and Knoxville. So what did you think after your visit? Where did you go?
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville