U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM

1,367 posts, read 2,911,328 times

Advertisements

Despite my absence from this forum recently (though I have been reading it), my family and I are making our long-awaited trip to East TN. Our house has been for sale for a month and there is interest, despite the nightmare of trying to sell a house in MI these days.

My chances of getting a transfer to Knoxville are good and Chattanooga are excellent. It took us over a year, and hardcore researching more than a dozen cities from Jacksonville FL to Louisville KY and many places in between, to narrow it down to Knox and Chatt. We'll be in Chatt first, but come next Wednesday we arrive in Knoxville.

Aside from my obvious interview near the Knoxville Center Mall, we're gonna hit the zoo and Turkey Creek. And based upon my last poll on this forum, "Now I'm hungry", we plan to be at Five Guys Burgers and Fries at Turkey Creek on Thursday for dinner. If any of you just happen to be in attendance, I'll be the ugly guy wearing the black/orange Vols hat with the 3 kids and the cute blonde wife (don't ask me how that happened). And JMT, I look forward to those Belguim style fries you've raved about.

Thanks to all of you who've answered my questions about Knoxville, but now it's up to the Lord and us. As far as I'm concerned, if our house sells, either Knox or Chatt would be a wonderful city to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 08:58 PM

11,852 posts, read 32,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Despite my absence from this forum recently (though I have been reading it), my family and I are making our long-awaited trip to East TN. Our house has been for sale for a month and there is interest, despite the nightmare of trying to sell a house in MI these days.

My chances of getting a transfer to Knoxville are good and Chattanooga are excellent. It took us over a year, and hardcore researching more than a dozen cities from Jacksonville FL to Louisville KY and many places in between, to narrow it down to Knox and Chatt. We'll be in Chatt first, but come next Wednesday we arrive in Knoxville.

Aside from my obvious interview near the Knoxville Center Mall, we're gonna hit the zoo and Turkey Creek. And based upon my last poll on this forum, "Now I'm hungry", we plan to be at Five Guys Burgers and Fries at Turkey Creek on Thursday for dinner. If any of you just happen to be in attendance, I'll be the ugly guy wearing the black/orange Vols hat with the 3 kids and the cute blonde wife (don't ask me how that happened). And JMT, I look forward to those Belguim style fries you've raved about.

Thanks to all of you who've answered my questions about Knoxville, but now it's up to the Lord and us. As far as I'm concerned, if our house sells, either Knox or Chatt would be a wonderful city to live in.
I'm so excited for your trip! I love Knoxville and Chattanooga, I don't think you'd go wrong with either city. Be sure to let us know how everything goes.

Best of luck selling your home, and enjoy those awesome Belgian style fries at Five Guys!! (Don't forget to ask for a side of mayo since that's how Belgian fries are meant to be eaten.)

Have a great trip!!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 AM

22,553 posts, read 47,245,506 times
Yippee! Have a safe trip and enjoy!

Mmmm....mayo can go on just about everything and I'd be happy!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:33 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,420,803 times
Hopefully we'll land you here in Ktown.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
Hopefully we'll land you here in Ktown.

Thank you so much. I've said it before, TN people are the best in the world.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Thank you so much. I've said it before, TN people are the best in the world.
Are you here, already, or is it next week?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Hey there, hiknapster. We leave tomorrow morning, but our first stop is Mammoth Cave National Park in KY. Then it's on to beautiful Chattanooga for 4 days and then to Knoxville, home to some of the nicest people on earth, for a few days. I only wish this was our official move, assuming it happens. I haven't wanted something this bad in forever.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Sounds great!

With the research you've done, and then the recon mission, you sound a lot like us when we moved to Tennessee. Just for the record, it was one of the best things that we ever did.

You have questions, just ask. If I can help in any way, please let me know. I mean it.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:39 PM

You rock, hiknapster, like many on this forum. Well, I'm checking out of CD for a week. TN, here we come. And just in time, it's forecasted to snow here on Sunday. Good ol' Michigan.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
You rock, hiknapster, like many on this forum. Well, I'm checking out of CD for a week. TN, here we come. And just in time, it's forecasted to snow here on Sunday. Good ol' Michigan.
I have a friend from Michigan. She's been here something like 20 years. She would never go back.

Be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or