Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times

Advertisements

I used to be able to buy Hershey's Cinnamon Chips (like chocolate chips only cinnamon flavored); however, I cannot find them anymore.

Does anyone know anyplace that sells these in the area? I can find them online but am trying to avoid that and purchase locally.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 AM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
According to Hershey's Website, Kroger's on Northshore Drive has them (I think that's the big new fancy one at Pellissippi parkway)
I've heard on other forums that these are getting hard to find. That's the only location that shows up for them in Knoxville in the find a product page on the Hershey's site.
I was looking for them the other day and couldn't find them.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
According to Hershey's Website, Kroger's on Northshore Drive has them (I think that's the big new fancy one at Pellissippi parkway)
I've heard on other forums that these are getting hard to find. That's the only location that shows up for them in Knoxville in the find a product page on the Hershey's site.
I was looking for them the other day and couldn't find them.
Thanks KG! I will try that Kroger's this weekend. Those chips are great for cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, quick breads, etc. I am down to my last bag (bought a bunch and froze them) and am getting a little nervous. Wal Mart and the other grocery stores used to carry them but no more

Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
On your way to Tri-Cities you can also stop at Yoders in Bulls Gap, it is a Mennonite bulk spice store, they have a version of the these and they are GOOD!
Lots of great baking stuff in there and the greatest deli! I do miss being close to them.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:49 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
Yup, mbmouse- that was going to be my suggestion. I LOVE Yoders. Their smoked pepperjack cheese is out of this world! It's where I buy all my baking goods. The only thing they don't have that I wish they carried was black cocoa powder. It's so dark it's black and it's soooo rich. I've talked to them about carrying it, so hopefully they will. King Arthur's site has it as well.
I've got to make a Yoders run before we move to NM. May have to rent a separate truck just for their stuff! lol

They broke ground on a larger more modern building back before Christmas, don't know if it's finished yet or not. It was a bit closer to the interstate.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,390,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Thanks KG! I will try that Kroger's this weekend. Those chips are great for cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, quick breads, etc. I am down to my last bag (bought a bunch and froze them) and am getting a little nervous. Wal Mart and the other grocery stores used to carry them but no more
That Kroger's didn't have them the last time I looked. I'm not sure if they were just out of them or if they no longer carry them. They've cut back on several specialty items I used to buy.

They are great-- I use them for Cinnabon cookies. I'll check again the next time I go. I bought a bunch the last time I was in L.A. Trader Joes has something similar, but we don't have a TJ.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Oh, thanks so much for the Yoder's recommendation! I will be right by there on Friday and will definitely stop in. Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Oh, thanks so much for the Yoder's recommendation! I will be right by there on Friday and will definitely stop in. Thanks again!
If you are going to be there on Friday I will send you my shopping list!!
They are the only place that carries GOOD Lebanon bologna and the most wonderful garlic herb cheese for sandwiches. I love their pastas too. Oh and you can get real white chedar cheese power there (sounds gross I know but for some recipes it is the best thing to use). And REAL burch beer and sassafras sodas......dang I miss that place! hahahahhaha

Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
You're welcome.

The old location was just outside the city of Bulls Gap proper. As soon as you pass the red light (yes, THE red light) you will start going downhill and curving to the right a bit. You'll see the Dairy Dream ( AMAZING fried/broasted chicken and sweet potato cassarole there!) on your right under the hill a bit. Yoders is/was in the larger building next to it. If it isn't there, head on towards Greeneville and it's on the right. I forget just where, but it's level with the road so it should be easy to find.

Oh. Those directions are out of Morristown. If you're gettin' off of 81 in Greeneville it's exit 23. Make a left off the exit and it's a few miles down the road- never came from that direction so I don't know specifics. Obviously if you get to the red light you've gone too far.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:07 AM

Thanks Ladies. Mbmouse, you have my mouth watering! Sometimes I travel "the back way" but usually I do 81/40. I am going to try to call them today to make sure they are where I think they are located.

It does sound to me like Yoders would be a great Saturday destination for the weekend traveler set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville