U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:55 PM

321 posts, read 744,782 times

Advertisements

Oh, I guess you've never experienced summer in Kansas. LOL! It's like walking in a blast furnace in the western 2/3 of the state and a sauna in the eastern 1/3. I'm ready for longer springs and autumns... especially looking forward to the beautiful colors of the deciduous tree leaves changing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 7 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,063,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesera View Post
I'm looking forward to experiencing a milder summer than we have in NE Ks. Humidity is usually in the 70-85% range with 95+ air temps. Hopefully, that kind of heat index (105+) isn't all that common, or long lived, in the Knoxville area.
I don't have to live in Kansas to look at the data and see that you are not going to get a "better" summer. It's going to be hotter and hotter for longer. And yes, I looked it up and read that it's humid in the east, with the rest of the state having a high, dry heat.

But I think that it evens out. A good thing about the south is there is a lot of air conditioning available. Growing up in New England, they frowned on A/C. It was only really hot for a week to a few weeks, but it can horrible with out air conditioning.

You might acclimate to the heat, too. When you live in warmer conditions that happens. I haven't lived up north in about 16 years and the heat just doesn't bother me like it use to.

But the locals complain about the heat. A lot. When we first moved here a lady in a store was going on and on about how hot it was. It was 78 degrees! That's a cold front in Florida!

The locals complain about the weather all the time. I guess it's something to do.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 AM

123 posts, read 137,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quesera View Post
Oh, I guess you've never experienced summer in Kansas. LOL! It's like walking in a blast furnace in the western 2/3 of the state and a sauna in the eastern 1/3. I'm ready for longer springs and autumns... especially looking forward to the beautiful colors of the deciduous tree leaves changing.
You could be in for a shock during the summertime. Originally from Birmingham ( usually warmer than Knoxville), and having lived in Kansas City (compares to E Kansas) for 7 years, I can count on 2 hands the number of "hot" days in Kansas City that approached the misery index of a normal hot day in the Southeast. It is much more humid in the Southeast than in Kansas.

Carpe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville