Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 AM

53 posts, read 164,411 times

Advertisements

I hate to hear this. I am a regular volunteer at the Humane Society of the TN. Valley - and will certainly keep an eye out for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 03:02 PM

7 posts, read 60,143 times
Default Lost: Border coliie mix male named puck

Please help us find our son's dog that disappeared on 6/3 when he got into an accident just off of I-40. He has a white mane that has black freckles in it. His feet has some white with black freckles and his tail is white tipped. Please look at attachment. He weighs around 30 lbs and is neutered and micro-chipped. He answers to the name of "Puck". He may or may not have a collar but my son can't remember. He gets out of the hospital 2moro and hopefully can start a better search. He was last seen between Cedar Bluff Exit and the Campbell Station Exit. He may have been spotted at the Shell gas station just off of the Lovell Rd exit. If you see him, please try to get him and if not please let us know if you spot him. He is my son's right arm and is lost without him. Please help! 865-228-2811 REWARD, NO QUESTIONS
[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails
Lost: Black and white border collie mix dog after son got into accident on i-40-0415092048.jpg  

Last edited by insearchofpuck; 06-07-2009 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: ADD A PIC

Old 06-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Thanks for keeping an eye out. Hopefully my son gets out of hospital and take up the search. I sure hope he is found.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:47 PM

15 posts, read 49,816 times
Default any luck? if not...try this...

I've experienced loosing (and finding) my silly dog once.

You really should go to Kinko's (like now!) and print out as many fliers as you can with your dog's photo and info on it (offer a reward!). I don't know what you're offering but a bigger reward really incites people who would not normally bother, to actually look for your dog (I offered $500.00, I received many calls, many kids looked for him, had my dog back about a day later.) I listed the reward amount, but you don't have to (that's up to you - I'd do it).

You need to get those fliers out everywhere in a reasonably sized area (at least 1 - 3 miles minimum radius) from the location where you lost him.

Does he have a microchip?

If he does, let animal control know he's lost ( I believe you already did so?). Also, (I've never had to do this) but I assume that it's a good thing to contact whatever registry you have the microchip registered so their database can note it.

Dog Detective® - Lost Dogs & Found Dogs - the first and largest pet recovery network on the Internet
Put his picture and info' on this site.

If you really want to try something nuts, find someone with search and rescue dogs, they could trail your dog's path possibly. (I don't know if you'd do this one or not, but when I lost my dog, I called someone at 3am in North Carolina who would have done it for me).

Just keep looking!!!

I'd be out there now with flyers that have his picture and reward (Pass them out everywhere in that area...to everyone).

Print a few color flyers (put those up in the heavily tracked public spots like gas station, maybe Wal Mart? I think it's nearby)

You can also list him in the newspaper. I'd buy a big advertisement sized spot in the Sunday paper (Headline section would get noticed).

Try hounding the local news channels too!

Don't give up! Just keep looking!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:59 PM

15 posts, read 49,816 times
you know, I just clicked on one of the commercial links that pops up on this message board.
Lost My Doggie - Our Missing Pet Recovery Service will Help Find Your Lost Dog, Lost Cat or Missing Pet

They call people in a specified area, leaving a message about the lost dog.

That's worth a shot to try, imo.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 PM

204 posts, read 580,634 times
I would check with the news stations, a heart warming story when he is found.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:51 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Would post on Craigsist too (free) in the Pet section and the Lost section - also some newspapers allow free posting for Lost/Found dogs. Offering a reward should help a lot. Would also notify local rescue groups and like Aquagoogly sugg'd, go to Kinko's and post flyer with his photo in the area where he was last seen. Best of luck, hope to hear good news soon.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
I'm so sorry for you. Keep checking back in the area and make flyers. Send a press release to a neighborhood paper. This happened to my dad years ago and someone found our dog a week later. I still remember the homecoming.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 PM

Smile WE FOUND PUCK...(sorry for the screaming but WOW!

Friday night, the Loudon Cty animal shelter called my son's exgirlfriend's phone to let her know that they had scanned Puck's microchip and could not get a hold of her. I sent an email to them Sunday night, and when they opened Tuesday, they realized the dog they brought in Friday night was Puck! Someone had picked the dog up and took him to the shelter! They are back together and happier than ever...thanks for the help from everyone!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insearchofpuck View Post
Friday night, the Loudon Cty animal shelter called my son's exgirlfriend's phone to let her know that they had scanned Puck's microchip and could not get a hold of her. I sent an email to them Sunday night, and when they opened Tuesday, they realized the dog they brought in Friday night was Puck! Someone had picked the dog up and took him to the shelter! They are back together and happier than ever...thanks for the help from everyone!
This is fabulous! Thank you so much for letting us know. All of us would forever wonder what happened to Puck.

Congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville