Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,646 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
My husband and I are thinking of retiring to the Knoxville area when I quit work in a couple of years. We are tired of doing yard work and would like a smaller home with a small lot. We are not sure if we want an attached condo or a single home. Here in Rochester, NY, there are "patio style" homes that are smaller in size (usually less than 2000 sq. ft.), often on one floor, with a small or no yard. Sometimes the houses are in a planned development and there is a community pool or recreation building. When we visited family in Knoxville in June, we saw a planned community out near Sweetwater that was what we are looking for--but we felt like it was just too far away from everything. I am now involved in lots of activities (church, dog sports, food cupboard, community service, etc) and I hope to continue those when we move. I am excited about finding this forum, it seems like a wonderful way to learn about a location when it is too far away for frequent visits. Thanks for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 03:34 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,659,348 times
There are many, many developments all over Knoxville that would fit that description, both detached and attached, in gated communities and not, in all price ranges.
You can find them with small yards and/or courtyards or patios and/or screened porches. Many of them have very thoughtful designs and the older communities will have big trees.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:30 PM

16 posts, read 34,500 times
Try the Rarity communities--they have a lot of patio homes in the Bay and Ridge. I have seen these homes and they seem like they will fit your needs.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
wwl

15 posts, read 35,093 times
Tere are many communties that would suit your needs and we have little snow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville