U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM

195 posts, read 282,561 times
Default Dave & Buster's?

Hello everyone. Since this is my introductory post, my name is Jen and I'm a twenty-something that recently moved back to my childhood neighborhood in Knoxville after a 3 and a half year stint in the Northeast. (I even brought a husband back with me!)

Now to the issue at hand...

I might sound a little desperate, but does anyone know of any rumors or anything regarding a D&B location opening up here? Both of my cities in the northeast had one, so I became a little spoiled. Right now the closest one is in Nashville.

If they were to open a location, where do you think it would go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 PM

597 posts, read 577,546 times
I like Dave and Buster's at Nashville so I think it would be awesome to have one in Knoxville. Somebody, please tell us it is coming soon to a Knoxville neighborhood!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 PM

9,016 posts, read 21,152,849 times
You know, I'd never thought about it before but I can see a D&B doing really well in Knoxville. Maybe in the old KMart on Kingston Pike by West Town, or in the old Wal-Mart on Chapman Hwy. I'd love to see one in the old Dillard's at East Towne, I mean Knoxville Center (it'll always be East Towne to me) but I'm sure the mall owners would rather see a Macy's in there.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
BRH

99 posts, read 227,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
You know, I'd never thought about it before but I can see a D&B doing really well in Knoxville. Maybe in the old KMart on Kingston Pike by West Town, or in the old Wal-Mart on Chapman Hwy. I'd love to see one in the old Dillard's at East Towne, I mean Knoxville Center (it'll always be East Towne to me) but I'm sure the mall owners would rather see a Macy's in there.
Yeah, a Dave & Buster's or Jillian's (which is basically the same thing), would be fun to have in the area. If they did enter the market, I would guess Turkey Creek would be the location of choice. Also, speaking of Macy's, I would love for them to come to Knoxville as well. But if they do, I think you'll see them in either West Town or Turkey Creek before Knoxville Center. Just my guess.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:25 PM

872 posts, read 1,610,846 times
If they were to consider the Knoxville area, they would probably settle for either Turkey Creek or Sevier County (Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Kodak).

A Macy's to Knoxville? Turkey Creek sounds like the place for it. It probably won't be anything like you find at other Macy's stores in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and so on.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 PM

49 posts, read 9,016 times
Default Dave and Buster

They are supposed to open one in 2011. Because I've got the franchise. Hope to see you there.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:03 AM

46 posts, read 73,607 times
I can't believe someone would do that but then again there are enought Aholes around. Don't let anyone ruin anything for you. Ignore them till they fade away. - This was for your OTHER thread.

back on the subject - Welcome to YOUR hometown

Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM

195 posts, read 282,561 times
Thank you, Max! Good to be home, but we'll probably end up in the Tri-Cities some time next year because I'll be starting at ETSU.

Here's the deal with D&B... I emailed their real estate guy (I know... desperate much?) and he said that they're not looking in the Knoxville market right now.

I worked for the company in NYC and they do have population requirements-- 200,000 in general and 500,000+ for the daytime population. Knoxville is at about 180,000... that's close enough, right? And does anyone know our average daytime population?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:26 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,006,169 times
A few things...

I've not been on the forum because I've got a kid with the swine flu, but I am sorry to see that you had a DM like that. I got a snail mail once from someone like that, but they don't even live in Tennessee. It happens. Some people have very little to do with their little lives.

Now, did someone just above say they are opening one, or is that not legit? Like I said, I may have missed something, because I've been busy.

I don't even know what a Dave and Buster's is but I'm from the Northeast, too, and if JMT likes it, then I do, too!

By the way, welcome to the forum and back to the neighborhood. I live in the same zip code!

Oh! And Knox County is something like 500,000, isn't it? I don't have the time to look it up.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM

90 posts, read 187,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
A few things...

I've not been on the forum because I've got a kid with the swine flu, but I am sorry to see that you had a DM like that. I got a snail mail once from someone like that, but they don't even live in Tennessee. It happens. Some people have very little to do with their little lives.

Now, did someone just above say they are opening one, or is that not legit? Like I said, I may have missed something, because I've been busy.

I don't even know what a Dave and Buster's is but I'm from the Northeast, too, and if JMT likes it, then I do, too!

By the way, welcome to the forum and back to the neighborhood. I live in the same zip code!

Oh! And Knox County is something like 500,000, isn't it? I don't have the time to look it up.

Sorry to hear that hiknapster, hope your child gets better, I just had my little one get the vaccination today.

I don't currently live in Knoxville but I would think it could support a D&B but I would like to see a Jillians open up there. To the OP sorry to hear that someone sent you a direct message like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville