Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM

7 posts, read 20,519 times

Advertisements

Ok I'm confused. Was that the TN forecast? I'm originally from MI but we've been in Tampa Bay for nearly 3 years, and just wondering how cold the winters get. -21f is cold to me (i.e. cold in MI), but having been in this heat for so long we've adapted a bit (although I LOVE fall weather, my body is much happier at those temps vs. 90f++ for 10 months out of the year)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoocrew10 View Post
Ok I'm confused. Was that the TN forecast? I'm originally from MI but we've been in Tampa Bay for nearly 3 years, and just wondering how cold the winters get. -21f is cold to me (i.e. cold in MI), but having been in this heat for so long we've adapted a bit (although I LOVE fall weather, my body is much happier at those temps vs. 90f++ for 10 months out of the year)
Those temps were for Knoxville. It rarely gets below 20 degrees here except a few nights during the winter. It might get down into the teens once a winter, and every 20 years or so it might even get below 0. But even when it does get really cold here, it's rarely cold for more than a few days.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:53 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
I tried to send a PM to bufford but I'll post it here if anyone needs to correct me. . Eastbridge is about 10 miles out 11W. Forks of the river is off John Sevier hwy at Thorngrove pike (Its the bigger industrial park). The closest Wal-marts are at Millertown pike & I-640 (a mall and lots of other shopping nearby) and Chapman Hwy at John sevier (a little bit of other shopping). Almost no commercial in between - just a few convenience stores.

Draw an arc between the 2 Wal-marts and you will find some beautiful countryside that is very convenient to work and town.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Yep. And those lows are usually at night.

I'm originally from up north and then lived in Florida. The weather is just perfect here. It is very mild in the winter. We occasionally get a dusting of snow and it usually melts right away. Winter is also short. Generally, our seasons last three months. See? Perfect.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:03 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
Bufford-
Dandridge has:
Food City, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Goodwill, couple Mom n Pop stores (jewelry, clothes, things like that) couple of gas stations, fast food- McDonalds, Hardees, Taco Bell/Long John Silvers, Krystals, Wendys, Subway, KFC, a chinese place, Shoney's, Perkins, Ruby Tuesday, Mom n Pop eateries....doctors, dentists, physical therapy place, optomotrist ( I think I spelled that wrong!), realtors, feed stores, hardware, churches....while yes, many people make the 15 minute or so *trek* into Jefferson City a few times a month for WalMart..... not many people who move to Dandridge do so with proximity to shopping as a draw. The beauty, the lake and Mayberry-esqueness is a big part of it.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,529 times
Default Dandridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Bufford-
Dandridge has:
Food City, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Goodwill, couple Mom n Pop stores (jewelry, clothes, things like that) couple of gas stations, fast food- McDonalds, Hardees, Taco Bell/Long John Silvers, Krystals, Wendys, Subway, KFC, a chinese place, Shoney's, Perkins, Ruby Tuesday, Mom n Pop eateries....doctors, dentists, physical therapy place, optomotrist ( I think I spelled that wrong!), realtors, feed stores, hardware, churches....while yes, many people make the 15 minute or so *trek* into Jefferson City a few times a month for WalMart..... not many people who move to Dandridge do so with proximity to shopping as a draw. The beauty, the lake and Mayberry-esqueness is a big part of it.
Thank you RamblinRoseRanch! Sounds like they have enough for me! It's alot more then I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you move to NM from TN because of allergies or for another reason? Seems like I've corresponded with you before. I was looking in to NM several months ago, but realized it's not for me. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Yep. And those lows are usually at night.

I'm originally from up north and then lived in Florida. The weather is just perfect here. It is very mild in the winter. We occasionally get a dusting of snow and it usually melts right away. Winter is also short. Generally, our seasons last three months. See? Perfect.
Sounds perfect to me!!

Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I tried to send a PM to bufford but I'll post it here if anyone needs to correct me. . Eastbridge is about 10 miles out 11W. Forks of the river is off John Sevier hwy at Thorngrove pike (Its the bigger industrial park). The closest Wal-marts are at Millertown pike & I-640 (a mall and lots of other shopping nearby) and Chapman Hwy at John sevier (a little bit of other shopping). Almost no commercial in between - just a few convenience stores.

Draw an arc between the 2 Wal-marts and you will find some beautiful countryside that is very convenient to work and town.
Thanks creeksitter, but is that area N., S., E., or W. of Knoxville? I'm not really familar with the roads you mentioned. Sorry!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:56 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
Those areas are South & East of Knoxville. Maybe the visitors bureau can mail you a map?

Old 11-19-2009, 12:33 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufford View Post
Thank you RamblinRoseRanch! Sounds like they have enough for me! It's alot more then I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you move to NM from TN because of allergies or for another reason? Seems like I've corresponded with you before. I was looking in to NM several months ago, but realized it's not for me. Thanks for your help.

Aha! I thought you *looked* familiar! Yep, that was me and it was for my asthma. I'm glad to say that I went from maintenance meds 2x daily and rescue inhalers 6-10 times daily to having used my rescue inhaler ONCE here (during an all day rain that I was in and out of multiple times) and my maintenance meds not at all.
Allergies are a big issue in TN, so I always advise people to take that into account. Sometimes they don't show up at first and it takes some time to develop- sometimes years.

Dandridge is also getting an Arby's according to my mother, who still lives there. The area around the interstate has gotten SO built up in the past few years.

It's a nice, rural area with pretty much all you need to get by, centrally located enough so that you can do *big trip* shopping (Jefferson City WalMart, lol), mall shopping (Morristown), outlets and tons o' restaurants (Sevierville/Pigeon Forge) or city shopping (Knoxville) in a 20-45 minute span- all with the small, hometown feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville