Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:26 AM

37 posts, read 77,385 times

Advertisements

Great news !! The kids are comin to visit dear old dad for Thanksgiving.
They will be here all week, and on the days I have to work, they wanna go fishing. So, my questions are: where is there a nice place? I live in the NW suburbs, so any place close by? and 2) what about any sort of fishing liscense, is that required here ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:30 PM

374 posts, read 945,044 times
Default Not exactly sure

but I think under 13 yrs old may not have to have a license. Adults will definitely need a license. You can check at the sporting goods dept at Walmart - they'll know all the state regs for both residents and non-residents. There are oodles of options for places to fish - they can probably help with that too.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,658,831 times
Tons of information on the Internet. You can even buy your license.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency - For Anglers

Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,480 times
If they are only fishing for a few days, you can get a permitt, for less. Most all Marinas, will still probably rent you a pontoon, and depends on your budget, as I have a couple of good friends, that will take you out, for a small fee, and will pretty much guarantee lots of fish.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM

101 posts, read 297,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott LF View Post
Great news !! The kids are comin to visit dear old dad for Thanksgiving.
They will be here all week, and on the days I have to work, they wanna go fishing. So, my questions are: where is there a nice place? I live in the NW suburbs, so any place close by? and 2) what about any sort of fishing liscense, is that required here ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
You may want to try out Concord Park on Fort Loudon Lake. There are 3 piers out there. All you need is worms and you will be catching blue gill, bass, and/or catfish. There are many other locations, but that's probably your best bet for bank fishing.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,622 times
Yes, there are several parks along Northshore that are good for fishing (Carl Cowan, Farragut, Concord, Stony Point, and several others further down heading towards Choto. Do not eat out of Ft. Loudon Lake (with the exception of probably bluegill). If the kids want to fry up what they catch, you will need to got to Norris or Tellico.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM

4 posts, read 11,146 times
Why not eat the fish out of Ft. Loudon? I'm new around here, and my boy likes to fish. It sounds like there might be some important info we need to know!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmomof4 View Post
Why not eat the fish out of Ft. Loudon? I'm new around here, and my boy likes to fish. It sounds like there might be some important info we need to know!
I don't want to sound rude and not respond, but the best answer to your question would be to tell you to do a google search. There are many reasons to not eat the fish out of our areas lakes; some lakes more than others. There is also scientific data out there of which I would do a disservice to try to summarize for you here.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:39 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmomof4 View Post
Some lakes have measured high levels of pcb's and mercury. Ft. Loudon is one of them. The cleanest lakes for eating are probably Norris, Tellico, and Cherokee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville