U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:44 PM

181 posts, read 446,938 times

Advertisements

I'm coming to Knoxville on the 2nd of Dec. to look at some apts. They are all on the west side of Knoxville (from what I've read that's the safer side ? ) but are their any apt. buildings that I really need to stay away from ?? Or is all of the west side pretty safe ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 12:53 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,623,458 times
You pretty much get what you pay for. Some people do not realize that even west Knoxville has section 8 housing. But for the most part, these complexes are not "projects" in the classic sense. They're just nicer apartments for people with low income. But I can tell you which ones are section 8 and, more generally, which ones have good management, are well kept, and are the best for your money. Tell me the complexes that your are going to be scouting.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:14 AM

Brendon Park
Cedar Bluff -( think these are townhouses)
Briarcliff apts.

These are a few for right now....might make more calls today.
My main thing is right now, it has to be cheap but I'm single and have kids so I want it safe too. I also don't want a place that's infested with bugs. Of course you might not be able to tell me that unless you know of someone that lived there. But any help at all I appreciate. If their are some that have a bad rap , please tell here or dm. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:59 AM

Can I just assume since no one's answering that NONE of the apartments or townhouses in west Knoxville have a bad reputation ? For drugs or breakins ?

Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 AM

843 posts, read 1,339,265 times
I don't live in any of these so I can't help, but I do live in another apt complex in west Knoxville

Old 11-22-2009, 09:02 AM

I only listed those cause the other poster asked and those are some I plan to look at. . My oringinal Q. was , I just want to know if their are any that I difinately need to NOT look at because of not being safe.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 AM

290 posts, read 725,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLWR View Post
I only listed those cause the other poster asked and those are some I plan to look at. . My oringinal Q. was , I just want to know if their are any that I difinately need to NOT look at because of not being safe.
I definitely can't offer any wisdom for you because we're in the same situation, possibly looking for a place to rent until we can find where exactly we want to live. But somewhere on here someone posted a link to apartments and reviews of them by people who lived there. I can't seem to find that thread now, maybe someone would be so kind to post it again?? However, maybe that would provide some insight as to your question. I need someplace to rent that takes pets. We have two small dachshunds. I think for us it would be better to find a small house someplace to rent than an apartment building though, having pets and all. But we'd like to keep our cost of renting down so as to keep my money for buying a house or land somewhere.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:06 AM

thanks Lluce....yes, their is a site for apt. reviews( sorry don't know the link, I just google in apt. reviews ) but not all the of them have one or not many reviews . Most of the apts. do take small dogs though , of course their is a fee for each but some only a one time fee and not monthly. I have a cat so I've checked on that too , oh and just so ya know, I did have one apt. tell me they would take that one time fee (350.) and divide it in the monthly rent. From the ones I talked to, they seem like they would work with you. Good luck on your search ! I'm just wanting to know the "bad" places .

Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 PM

290 posts, read 725,369 times
well I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone ever speaks up on the "bad" places. I know there has to be some of those....they're everywhere.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:17 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,153,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLWR View Post
Can I just assume since no one's answering that NONE of the apartments or townhouses in west Knoxville have a bad reputation ? For drugs or breakins ?
Nope, I wouldn't assume that at all. I would assume that none of us regulars know anything about these places.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville