Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 AM

21 posts, read 63,534 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I guess either way we can't go wrong. Hiknapster, thanks so much for link. Guess it's not a bad dilemma, just have a hard time making big decisions. I love both areas and all the neighborhoods we have looked in.

Nichole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,779,585 times
You will probably get more bang for your buck in Hardin Valley that Farragut, IMO. Oldmanbob is right, too. There are areas on the north side of Campbell Station and also Synder Rd., etc. that are somewhat "halfway" between the two.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:16 PM

5 posts, read 13,175 times
I think Farragut would be the best choice. The schools are great and you have more of a community. Farragut has much more parks and other activities. Farragut is a registered town, the only one in knox county except for Knoxville itself. They have a mayor, board, and statehouse who zone all land as well as maintain the town. Hardin valley is more blotchy. There are farms on your left with horses and a new subdivision on your right which is next to a trailer. As for the schools Hardin Valley is over crowded and the zoning includes lower income areas witch drop the school test average down. Buy in Farragut, you have a community that is much more balanced.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:15 AM

187 posts, read 460,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT lover View Post
I think Farragut would be the best choice. The schools are great and you have more of a community. Farragut has much more parks and other activities. Farragut is a registered town, the only one in knox county except for Knoxville itself. They have a mayor, board, and statehouse who zone all land as well as maintain the town. Hardin valley is more blotchy. There are farms on your left with horses and a new subdivision on your right which is next to a trailer. As for the schools Hardin Valley is over crowded and the zoning includes lower income areas witch drop the school test average down. Buy in Farragut, you have a community that is much more balanced.

I'd liked to know what these "lower income" areas of Hardin Valley you are talking about...Yeah there is a trailer here and there,But no trailer parks or anything like that...And there is a few trailer parks in the Farragut area...Far as Hardin Valley schools being overcrowded...Its the exact opposite...Hardin Valley school are new and were built to relieve the overcrowding at Farragut and Karns schools...I went to karns and worked in Hardin Valley all thru out high school...Before Turkey Creek,Hardin Valley was the place to live in West Knox,And it still is really

Old 07-18-2010, 07:00 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,488,743 times
And I would like to know what is wrong with "lower income"? I would take some people with lower income any day over some of the pompous higher income people. It's not about the income, it's about the individuals. Everyone has their place in making this world go round. I don't mean to be petty but which is not spelled witch.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:18 AM

745 posts, read 1,718,863 times
Quote:
Your posts seem to indicate a very condescending, omniscient, and judgmental attitude, imo.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 AM

46 posts, read 131,590 times
I agree with folks. What's wrong with "Lower Income" people? I think they actually bring the grades UP compared to most "Higher Income" people since their kids are busy smoking crack.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:
Here we go...

I have never heard of a registered town. Perhaps you meant incorporated?

Farragut was incorporated in 1980. Of course, what that has to do with the cost of tea in China is lost on me.

No, Farragut does not have a statehouse. Only Nashville would have a statehouse since it is the capital of Tennessee.

Farragut has aldermen. Once again, the cost of tea...

Hardin Valley is a lovely area that has lots of rolling hills and farms, peppered with some subdivisions, and yet is close to the major highways. It is near Oak Ridge, Turkey Creek, and West Knoxville. It's location is fabulous.

The high school is new and not overcrowded. I would venture to guess that there may actually be more lower-income students in Farragut only because the population is so much larger. I mean, my goodness, Farragut is a town and Hardin Valley is a small area of West Knoxville.

Writing "witch" when you meant to say "which" in a sentence referring to school test scores is beyond hilarious. I suspect more than a few people spit out their coffee upon reading that, this morning.

Hardin Valley and Farragut are both great areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville