U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-03-2010, 02:34 PM

37 posts, read 81,095 times

Advertisements

We are making the long trip from Mi to Fl next week and would like to stop at a few playgrounds or fast food restaurants with playscapes to let the kids run around. What nice playgrounds or fast food restaurants are within a few miles of I-75?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM

21,674 posts, read 31,578,373 times
The McDonald's off of the Powell exit is decent. It is indoors.

The Fountain City playground is nice. It would probably be about 10 minutes from I-75. Take the Merchant's Road exit. Coming from the north, bear left, onto Cedar Lane. (You are now near my house!) Follow Cedar Lane until it comes to the main drag of Fountain City. Take a left. The playground is about 800 feet (maybe?) on the left.

But the best playground in the area, to many, is Fort Kid.

Knoxville Tourism & Sports Corporation | The Official Site of Knoxville

I hope this helps.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 AM

51 posts, read 106,336 times
Hik, I found the attached article about Fort Kid being renovated:

Fort Kid to be phased out Knoxville News Sentinel

Do you know if this has happened? It indicated the new structure would be in place last summer. I don't recall seeing it.

Also, there is a good play structure at Tyson Park at 129 & 70 (Alcoa Hwy & Kingston Pike).

With two young boys (4&7), we are always looking for parks with good playstructures. Any others would be appreciated!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 PM

Yes. As far as I know (I haven't seen it with my two mommy eyes) Fort Kid is still being phased out and the new playground next to World's Fair Park is complete.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:10 PM
BRH

99 posts, read 230,417 times
As far as parks in the area go, I would definitely second the recommendation of Fountain City Park. I love to go there as often as possible. My other favorite park in the area is The Cove at Concord Park off of Northshore Dr. in Farragut.

As far as fast food type places with indoor playgrounds, there are also a couple of these off the Lovell Road exit of I75/I40 in west Knoxville. (Exit 374). This is the exit for the big shopping complex known as "Turkey Creek". There is a McDonald's with an Indoor PlayPlace just off of the exit, and also a nice Chic-Fil-A in Turkey Creek with an indoor playground. This is also a very safe, upscale area, with lots of other shopping/entertainment options. Also, if you wanted to take the kids for ice cream afterwards, there's a Marble Slab Creamery, Maggie Moo's, and an awesome serve yourself yogurt chain called Menchie's. There is also an 18 screen theater with IMAX if you feel like taking a break from traveling for a bit.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Hope you have a good trip and enjoy passing through the area.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 PM

And I second the Turkey Creek recommendation.

So, I have a Fountain City Park and a Turkey Creek.

Do I hear an "aye?"

The "ayes" have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville