Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:48 AM

52 posts, read 171,425 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I will only be taking as much stuff as we can fit in our crossover suv (smaller than an suv but bigger than a car). Which means all our major furniture pieces will be left behind.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a furniture store? We'd prefer a place that sells beds and living rooms places all at one store. Also need a place that offers delivery of items (quick delivery).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 07:45 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Most of my furniture was bought at Brown Squirrel in West Knox. The place is huge and they work with you on price and they deliver.
Or you could rent furniture from Aaron's.
All the best,
Pam

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
You know I love you, Pam, but I would never rent anything. The cost is enormous. And I had a lot of trouble with Brown Squirrel. They delivered a broken table and it took months to get a new one. Some of the personnel was great and others, well, not so much. So I guess it is who you get.

I guess the best place for you would be Rooms to Go. Do they have those where you now live?

Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 PM

186 posts, read 485,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Most of my furniture was bought at Brown Squirrel in West Knox. The place is huge and they work with you on price and they deliver.
Or you could rent furniture from Aaron's.
All the best,
Pam
My wife and I walked through Brown Squirrel the last time we visited Knoxville. We just looked to see what they had. Yes, that place is big. It's really a warehouse, with a big showroom in the back.
Will they work a good deal if you're going to purchase say, three rooms of furniture at once (living, dining, bedroom)?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:38 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,779,791 times
I would avoid Knoxville Wholesale Furniture. I know several people who had a bad experience with pushy/rude salesmen. And I second Hik, rental places prey on poor and working class people.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1961 View Post
My wife and I walked through Brown Squirrel the last time we visited Knoxville. We just looked to see what they had. Yes, that place is big. It's really a warehouse, with a big showroom in the back.
Will they work a good deal if you're going to purchase say, three rooms of furniture at once (living, dining, bedroom)?
Dave,
No one knows the deal they'll get until they go there and see what they offer. I don't work for Brown Squirrel, but I do know the three times Bill and I have used them, we got excellent prices and beautiful undamaged furniture. Bill and I were both divorced and starting over when we got together. We hadn't any furniture. With the exception of my dining room set, all of our furniture came from Brown Squirrel. I am a happy repeat Brown Squirrel furniture customer. But not everyone has had the same positive experiences we had. I've heard both good and bad.

On renting furniture, I agree with Hik and KOD. Renting furniture is expensive. I only suggested it because that is what we did when we moved here, did a corporate short term rental with our complex. So we arrived in Knoxville and at least had a furnished place to start out from. I don't think the furniture rental was all that much because the complex does a lot of business with Aaron's. But the cost to the average person would be huge, I agree.
Pam

Old 02-07-2010, 01:09 AM

Yes. We went to Knoxville Wholesale Furniture and had a very weird salesman. Not pushy. Just a little strange. So we didn't buy.

By the way, we were just at HH Gregg, tonight, getting appliances. I've bought a digital SLR camera, a wide screen LCD, a television cabinet stand and a surround sound, but I didn't have the best experience there, tonight. I chalk it up to the last two hours of a big sale, the day before the Super Bowl. Those sales folks looked exhausted.

But I've never had any damaged equipment, so, knock on wood, this stuff will arrive okay. Then the fun begins, trying to fit this new stuff into an old kitchen.

So, I guess I would recommend HH Gregg if you are going to be looking for tvs, appliances, etc. We've had our Sony tv and surround for a year and it is still fantastic.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,821,410 times
Seymour doesn't have any furniture stores, and I can't think of any in south Knoxville that sell everything. There's always Big Lots LOL... Wherever you go just make sure the items are in stock. My friend in FL waited weeks for something from Rooms To Go. I guess if a salesperson tells you something, there are ways to confirm the info.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:34 AM

52 posts, read 171,425 times
Thanks for all the replies. I was pretty sure Seymour didn't have any but it was worth the ask .

I'd be willing to check out other parts of Knoxville as long as they deliver as far as Seymour. Though I suppose we could rent a Uhaul if not.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Oh, more than likely they will deliver there. We don't consider Seymour the hinterlands. Like I said, it is more like a outpost of Knoxville, even South Knoxville.

The other thing to consider is Sevierville. That just occured to me, so I apologize for the delay. There is a new furniture store over there. Let me find it...

I think this is it.

Foothills Wholesale Furniture located in the Smoky Mountains

Or it might be this one, I'm not sure.

Factory Wholesale Furniture Sevierville TN (865) 428-4487
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville