Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM

21 posts, read 63,498 times

Advertisements

Hello,
So I was wondering about this Orange route they are going to build through Hardin valley. I finally pick a house and neighborhood and now I'm worried about this being a problem. I see the route online but it's real detailed. Any areas of Hardin Valley that you would not suggest moving? Supposedly they are worried about Pollution from the route . We are still considering Hunter Estates and Campbell Creek. Both off of Campbell Station rd. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 12:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Yes. I always consider that map. There's a couple of ways of looking at it, and it is going to come down to personal preference. Where are the exits going to be? Will it make your commute eaiser? Will the purchase near the highway make your property worth more or less? And yes, depending on the location of the property, noise and pollution could always be an issue.

At least you've seen the map. You'll have to judge every property that you look at against it.

By the way, the orange route is a long time in the making. However, having said that, it doesn't mean they want start construction in the near future. You never know.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:42 PM

745 posts, read 1,718,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
By the way, the orange route is a long time in the making. However, having said that, it doesn't mean they want start construction in the near future. You never know.
It is a long way off, and I would almost be willing to bet that it will not be built in the next 15-20 years......if at all.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that Orange Route anytime soon. Even if it is built in the next few years, unless your house is right in the blasting path you probably won't notice the construction although I suppose if the weather is unusually dry you could see more dust in your home.

I personally enjoy the convenience of living near a freeway. But I certainly understand why a lot of people want to be as far away as possible from a freeway.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM

207 posts, read 642,956 times
Has the state already acquired the land for the Orange Route or does it still need to be eminent domained?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:23 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,289,485 times
Its a long way off. When they did the original cost estimates, there were hardly any s/d's in Hardin Valley and Karns areas. Their costs will be much higher since there are homes on what was once farm land in a big portion of the route.
If it goes thru, it will be about 1/4 mile from my house. I'm not getting too worked up about it.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:51 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,889 times
If past imminent domain issues in Knoxville are any indication, it could be tied up in court for years even after the go-ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville