U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM

119 posts, read 270,453 times

Advertisements

Hi all!!!

I've been living in Oak Ridge for three years now. I've seen a lot of different places that offer karate lessons for kids. My son is almost 7 years old and is really wanting to take karate.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the local karate places? There are so many and when I look at their web sites they all start looking the same! haha

So I thought I'd ask the wonderful people here at the City Data forums!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,007 times
Godsdove,

My name is David Corrigan. I am one of the Head Instructors at Progressive Martial Arts Academy in Oak Ridge, TN. Our website is [url=http://www.pmaoakridge.com]Karate | Martial Arts | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu | MMA | Oak Ridge Knoxville Tennessee 865-481-8901[/url]. I was referred to your post by a mother of one of the children that train at our academy.

We are a professional martial arts academy of mostly adults but have an outstanding Kid's program. We are very different than many of the other academies that claim to teach the "Play as the Way" curriculum. Our kids have a blast learning karate but learn it in a very structured manner that builds respect, self-discipline, and confidence that will stick with them for the rest of their lives. We limit the size of these classes and empty spaces fill very quickly, but if this sounds like something that you might be interested in, please call us at (865) 481-8901 and I will be happy to set up an appointment for you to come in, so that I can give you a private tour of our facility.

Feel free to email also - [email]info@pmaoakridge.com[/email]. I hope to hear from you soon...

Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM

119 posts, read 270,453 times
Oh my goodness life got busy!!! haha! I just got back to the site and am reading your response. I still haven't had a chance to sign my son up for karate anywhere and was JUST thinking about it again last night! Thank you so much! Either my husband or I will be contacting PMA to look around and hear more about it!!

Have a great day!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:32 PM

18 posts, read 24,388 times
I have had great experiences with PMA as well. I definitely recommend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville