Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2007, 08:31 PM

592 posts, read 2,134,710 times

Advertisements

Just found this forum tonight, and wish I had found it MUCH sooner! My wife and I are relocating from the KC area and have been shopping for houses for quite some time. We tried to buy in the Halls/Powell area as she'll be working out west, but I'll be going to school in Harrogate. We've now got an offer in on a place out off of Tazewell Pike. Hope it goes well. I look forward to getting as much info about the area in the future. Like I said, wish I had found the place sooner as there appears to be a lot of good information on the Knoxville area here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 AM

8 posts, read 40,809 times
Default Also from Kansas City

Hi, I just found this forum a few days ago. My wife is from Liberty, MO and we lived in Kansas City for 13 years before moving here. One thing our whole family noticed the first day here - it's a lot less windy than KC. Also more humid (although we're having a drought this year - pretty unusual for here). The summers are less extreme (it gets into the 90's but usually is in the 85-90 range in the hottest part of the summer - never over 100) and the winters are much milder (we have lots of heavy clothing from KC we get to wear maybe one week a year, at most.). With a long, (comparatively) wet spring and fall you'll find plants grow like crazy with much less pampering than in KC. Of course, you'll have to mow the grass more often and longer in the season... Let me know what other questions you have. When do you arrive?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:59 AM

592 posts, read 2,134,710 times
You aren't kidding about the wind! Yesterday when we landed at KCI, the wind was STRONG out of the NW. Screwed with our landing a little bit. That is one thing about the midwest I certainly will not miss...I don't care for wind at all.

I thought it was about as humid in East TN as it gets here, but doesn't get quite as hot...which is a good thing. 90 and humidity is much different than 98 or above and humidity. I think my wife will LOVE the winters down there. She's cold at any temp below about 70 or so...so winters here are brutal for her.

We hope to get a contract on a house TODAY...if all goes well, we'll be closing around the 2nd week of July.

I simply cannot wait. I'm getting pretty tired of the Missouri bitterness. I'm a native Kansan...living in Missouri for 5+ years has about killed me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: