Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 AM

393 posts, read 1,880,607 times

Advertisements

Ok......I have been checking out the area of Alcoa because it seems at the moment the housing is cheaper. Not sure why but it is..........Anyhow, I am looking at small fixer uppers!

Most of the cheaper homes are in the area of south hall, plainfield, eggers addition(i guess that is outside of maryville) and summit hill.

Anyone know of any of these subdivisions? I know Springbrook is supposed to be nice, but isn't there an area of Springbrook subdivision that isn't that great?

I used to be able to go to a sight and check on the demographics of the subdivisions and I don't know where that is anymore but was wondering if anyone on this forum can give me a general opinion? Are these areas trashy? or crime ridden? undesireable? I have lived in some pretty nice areas, and some not so nice areas and I know sometimes an area is what u make it, you know?

Also, it is just me, and I have no worries about being alone or schools! Just want to remodel, garden, go to the park, and utilize the library from time to time. Not asking for much!

Thank you friends!........If u don't want to give your public opinions on these subdivisions please feel free to pm me

Old 06-09-2007, 11:57 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Sillygal:

I don't know anything about those areas, but I did PM you earlier. Did you get it? I was having a bit of difficulty!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:06 PM

393 posts, read 1,880,607 times
Wink Alcoa and Maryville subdivisions

the cheaper housing in Alcoa is in plainfield, and eggers addition, summit hill area........if u do a search on under 100,000 housing in Maryville and Alcoa the houses are in those subdivisions.......Can someone tell me if these are undesireable neighborhoods? or what is going on there. People just not buying older fixer uppers there? I need to get a fixer upper and cannot afford over 90,000 really. I don't need anything large. 2bedrooms/1bath is fine.

Can anyone give me some details on the locations of these houses? I would really appreciate it........Thanks!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 AM

109 posts, read 359,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygal View Post
the cheaper housing in Alcoa is in plainfield, and eggers addition, summit hill area........if u do a search on under 100,000 housing in Maryville and Alcoa the houses are in those subdivisions.......Can someone tell me if these are undesireable neighborhoods? or what is going on there. People just not buying older fixer uppers there? I need to get a fixer upper and cannot afford over 90,000 really. I don't need anything large. 2bedrooms/1bath is fine.

Can anyone give me some details on the locations of these houses? I would really appreciate it........Thanks!
Hey Sillygal....check out the discussion forum with the title: "how is the real estate market in Knoxville” …I posted some pictures of some homes that I saw for sale at ok prices from my trip up there…I took a picture of one in the Plain View area ) check it out

Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,055 times
i lived in maryville and alcoa for years its not bad. alcoa has some bad parts but there are several good places to live in'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville