U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM

37 posts, read 55,619 times

Advertisements

Hello, my fiancee and I are looking to move to Knoxville TN and we are about to lease with Kingston Pointe or Copper Pointe, but I really do not know much about those places (only that they are not cheap). Today I read many reviews online and found many bad ones about Copper Pointe. Thus, I would like an advice on which apartment complex is worth of paying money for or any suggestions about other good apartment complexes in Knoxville TN? Thank you
Lana
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 AM

22,576 posts, read 49,523,768 times
I haven't been in either complex, but looking around the internet, it looks like folks were pretty angry with the gal running Copper Pointe and seemed to have quieted since she was replaced, a year ago. Just a thought. I hope you get someone that has more information to assist you. Good luck!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Thank you, Hiknapster!I am still deciding, the both apartments look pretty much alike, but Kingston Pointe has a very good moving in deal, so I might go with them, even though I am still thinking...

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM

22,576 posts, read 49,523,768 times
Yes. I looked at the Kingston Pike one, too. It looked older but very nice. That's up on Bearden Hill. My husband and I will be working in Bearden. I love it there. Lots of places to shop and eat as well as very convenient to downtown and the highway.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:04 PM

2,172 posts, read 7,114,588 times
I'd go with Copper Pointe over Kingston Point. Kingston Point is where the guy who shot and killed the people at the hospital was living. At Copper Pointe, ask for an apartment as far away from Gleason and Gallaher View as possible. It's a convenient location, near the interstate.
When I first got to Knoxville, which I admit was some years ago, I delivered the Wall Street Journal and both complexes were on my route. I always felt uneasy at Kingston Point.
Copper Pointe is a much nicer complex. They just did some major remodeling. Have a really nice pool and tennis courts (I live near there and drive by every day). They've got some signs out for deals, see what they can offer you.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 PM

Thank you, Knoxgarden. I have called both places and Kingston Pointe offered the best deal and as far tried to work with us more than Copper Pointe. And I really needed it because I am not American and do not have a credit history simply because I never needed it, I always had and have cash in my bank. Moreover, Copper Pointe asked me for too much money up front to move and I felt really uncomfortable doing it because I read some really bad reviews about Copper Pointe management and walls that fall apart. I really do not know much because I have been in Knoxville one year ago and now just wish to go to a grad school over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville