Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,061 times

Advertisements

So I have lived here for almost 4 years now on and off. I move away and come back periodically. In the past month I have watched a family of 8 children at a park, one 5 year old child, all alone, fall off 4 foot high stairs he was playing on RIGHT onto his head with his parents playing with the other children almost a block away on the other side of the park. The child was bleeding from his head and was in and out of consciousness, when the dad came running over, I asked "Where were you and why weren't you watching your child? He could die from how hard he hit his skull and how high he fell" Well the dad went on to threaten me and say he can do ANYTHING he wants with his child, including neglect, and his wife came over, ignoring the child and starting threatening my life and cursing and saying they were going to kill me, then picking up the passed out child and ran off as I called CPS on them.

I see situations like this happen SO often in Las Cruces it is not even funny, negligence and apathy. I had a situation today where I was walking home and a neighbors house door opened and two dogs ran out, a small terrier and a larger pitbull mix, no leashes, ran straight towards me barking with the WHOLE family inside watching, the smaller dog stopped but the pit mix continued, had to grab him by his scruff as he tried to bite me 3 times as I walked away, held my knee on his throat on the ground in the middle of the road and told them to come get their dogs, mind you this is on a super busy street as well, no leash, just opened the front door and let the dogs ran out.

The family came over, said it was "just a dog" and he "can't hurt you THAT bad" and if I don't get off of him they will call the cops and started yelling and what not, well I get off the dog and in full view of the owners he went to bite me again, they laughed and finally grabbed him.

What in the honest to god **** is wrong with people here? I am a young dude and try to be open minded and understanding but this is insane. How do I get attacked yet I am the bad guy? Seriously, is this part of Hispanic culture here? Sense of entitlement? I know there are bad people EVERYWHERE but I have never lived in a place with so much violent negligence in my life. What is up with most people here? Why is this a common occurrence in LC no matter what group of friends I ask about this? Low income mixed with lack of respect? I am low income as well but I would never think of blaming someone else if my dog attacked them off the leash or my child was injured due to me not keeping an eye on him.

Take responsibility and don't have children or animals if you cannot handle them financially and emotionally. Seriously.

Last edited by Everymanalion; 09-03-2016 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 12:42 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,697,776 times
"Most" of the people in Las Cruces aren't like this.

And, for what it's worth, the rate of violent crime in Las Cruces (285) is below the US average (365).

Old 09-10-2016, 01:40 PM

1,400 posts, read 862,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
So I have lived here for almost 4 years now on and off. I move away and come back periodically. In the past month I have watched a family of 8 children at a park, one 5 year old child, all alone, fall off 4 foot high stairs he was playing on RIGHT onto his head with his parents playing with the other children almost a block away on the other side of the park. The child was bleeding from his head and was in and out of consciousness, when the dad came running over, I asked "Where were you and why weren't you watching your child? He could die from how hard he hit his skull and how high he fell" Well the dad went on to threaten me and say he can do ANYTHING he wants with his child, including neglect, and his wife came over, ignoring the child and starting threatening my life and cursing and saying they were going to kill me, then picking up the passed out child and ran off as I called CPS on them.

I see situations like this happen SO often in Las Cruces it is not even funny, negligence and apathy. I had a situation today where I was walking home and a neighbors house door opened and two dogs ran out, a small terrier and a larger pitbull mix, no leashes, ran straight towards me barking with the WHOLE family inside watching, the smaller dog stopped but the pit mix continued, had to grab him by his scruff as he tried to bite me 3 times as I walked away, held my knee on his throat on the ground in the middle of the road and told them to come get their dogs, mind you this is on a super busy street as well, no leash, just opened the front door and let the dogs ran out.

The family came over, said it was "just a dog" and he "can't hurt you THAT bad" and if I don't get off of him they will call the cops and started yelling and what not, well I get off the dog and in full view of the owners he went to bite me again, they laughed and finally grabbed him.

What in the honest to god **** is wrong with people here? I am a young dude and try to be open minded and understanding but this is insane. How do I get attacked yet I am the bad guy? Seriously, is this part of Hispanic culture here? Sense of entitlement? I know there are bad people EVERYWHERE but I have never lived in a place with so much violent negligence in my life. What is up with most people here? Why is this a common occurrence in LC no matter what group of friends I ask about this? Low income mixed with lack of respect? I am low income as well but I would never think of blaming someone else if my dog attacked them off the leash or my child was injured due to me not keeping an eye on him.

Take responsibility and don't have children or animals if you cannot handle them financially and emotionally. Seriously.
Terrible time to criticize the dad even if he deserved it. It would have been more appropriate to call 911 at that time. Good job handling that pup though. It sounds like you reside in a rough area of town. Maybe you could channel that frustration and use it as motivation to get to a better place.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:42 PM

74 posts, read 80,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Terrible time to criticize the dad even if he deserved it. It would have been more appropriate to call 911 at that time. Good job handling that pup though. It sounds like you reside in a rough area of town. Maybe you could channel that frustration and use it as motivation to get to a better place.
Are you serious, this is your response? Maybe you could use some counseling yourself. Two bad this innocent resident didn't have a gun on him...then there would be one dead dog that...and the owners too for that matter. A "place" is not an excuse for bad behavior...anymore so than poverty or lack of education. When you are an adult, you are to know right from wrong...PERIOD! I don't care what side of town you live in, how much you earn, or what your educational attainment is! In this case, both "adult" parties should be hung!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-08-2016 at 05:27 PM..

Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,780,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post

What super busy street did this incident occur on? I am not doubting you, but rather am curious.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:24 PM

1,400 posts, read 862,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibiloxi View Post

Are you serious, this is your response? Maybe you could use some counseling yourself. Two bad this innocent resident didn't have a gun on him...then there would be one dead dog that...and the owners too for that matter. A "place" is not an excuse for bad behavior...anymore so than poverty or lack of education. When you are an adult, you are to know right from wrong...PERIOD! I don't care what side of town you live in, how much you earn, or what your educational attainment is! In this case, both "adult" parties should be hung!
You are absolutely correct. I should have never encouraged the OP to use a negative experience as motivation. What was I thinking, LOL!

Old 12-22-2016, 07:33 AM

64 posts, read 104,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
You are absolutely correct. I should have never encouraged the OP to use a negative experience as motivation. What was I thinking, LOL!
Oh, there you go, acting like an adult...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
View detailed profiles of: