Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM

19 posts, read 68,004 times

Advertisements

thanks, lrua, i sure am excited to get out there. is it easy to get to there from the bus station? will it cost alot to get there..i.e. taxi or can you walk there? i will be arriving around 8:30 in the morning, and i will probably need to crash hard for about a week before i recover from the trip enough to check out the area. can't wait to see it.
era
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 02:21 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Which bus company? Greyhound or the other one?

Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Default picacho cheap motels

thanks TKO for getting back to me. it will be greyhound.
era

Old 05-16-2008, 08:00 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,274 times
There is a string of "budget" motels along the Picacho strip. If you're like me and see motels purely as a bed and shower for the night, there's a bunch to choose from.

Also just a few blocks south of downtown and closer to the Greyhound stn. are two budget motels, Kilby and Bruce that are cheap and have weekly rates of around $160 if you plan to stay. I stayed at Bruce once for 2 weeks and it was fine, but don't expect any kind of courteous service. There are no telephones in the rooms, but the office will let you use their phone for local calls. There were a few junky looking people staying there too - I just ignored them, no eye contact, and had no problems.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:19 PM

thanks, gnubler. did bruce have tv's in the room? when i first get there, i'm gonna be real sick and have to be resting for about 3 days, so i hope for a tv. was the place pretty clean? close to any kind of grocery store? guess they won't have a fridge in the room, but plenty of food doesn't need it. is there public transport close by? i've never used it before but i will have to if it exists. i plan on seeing as much of the area as i can cram in, after all, healing shouldn't be boring, and if nm will make me better, i might as well see as much of it as i can and see it as a bonus. i can't wait to get out there.....land of enchantment...i like that name.
era

Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 PM
TKO

It's too far to walk from the greyhound station to picacho. The city buses stop very close to that station and you want to take route 80 if you choose to take the bus. A cab would be available by calling 575) 524-1711. Good luck!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:18 AM

253 posts, read 1,740,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evelady View Post
thanks, gnubler. did bruce have tv's in the room? when i first get there, i'm gonna be real sick and have to be resting for about 3 days, so i hope for a tv. was the place pretty clean? close to any kind of grocery store? guess they won't have a fridge in the room, but plenty of food doesn't need it. is there public transport close by? i've never used it before but i will have to if it exists. i plan on seeing as much of the area as i can cram in, after all, healing shouldn't be boring, and if nm will make me better, i might as well see as much of it as i can and see it as a bonus. i can't wait to get out there.....land of enchantment...i like that name.
era
Yes, Bruce has TVs with cable (I don't watch TV, but I've never stayed in a motel that didn't have one). The room I stayed in had a small fridge and microwave, I think it was slightly higher than a standard room. Bruce & Kilby are almost right downtown, and you can walk to the main city bus central station on El Paseo. There are 2 food markets within walking distance down El Paseo, Albertson's and Mountain View Market. Also a Walgreen's and a handful of restaurants. There's practically nothing in the Downtown Mall, you'll discover that once you walk around.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Which Picacho are you talking about? The Picacho on Rt 70 doesn't even have a post office any more let alone a motel.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:00 AM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Which Picacho are you talking about? The Picacho on Rt 70 doesn't even have a post office any more let alone a motel.
There's a post office just east of the picquick on the west side of the river. There's motels from Valley to Motel Blvd. Not sure what you're talking about Greg.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Check out a small village just east of the jct of 380 and 70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces