Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM

216 posts, read 732,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
i-10?
Ooops yeh that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 01:48 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,605,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nicest hotel, in the classic sense, is probably Hotel Encanto, on Telshor.
This one. Was a Hilton at one time.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,487 times
Probably The Bruce on South Main. For $160/week you get a fully furnished "kitchenette" room complete with dripping refrigerator propped on a backless chair, exposure to regional wildlife right in your room, local colorful characters congregating in the alley space behind the building (and directly outside your bathroom window), and unlimited telephone use in the office lobby as the owner stands beside you to see what number you're dialing.

For the money, it's the best deal in town.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:54 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Probably The Bruce on South Main. For $160/week you get a fully furnished "kitchenette" room complete with dripping refrigerator propped on a backless chair, exposure to regional wildlife right in your room, local colorful characters congregating in the alley space behind the building (and directly outside your bathroom window), and unlimited telephone use in the office lobby as the owner stands beside you to see what number you're dialing.

For the money, it's the best deal in town.
Wow....now I know where to send out-of-town friends when they drop in unexpectedly Thanks! lol
The in-room zoo is an unexpected amenity, normally found only in the finest flophouses in the big cities.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 57,466 times
The Drury Inn & Suites on Hickory Loop...would be an excellent choice...I just stayed there for a week and it has wonderful service! The rooms are quite nice with fridge, micro., also includes one hour of free long distance everying evening, a full breakfast each morning, complimentary food and beverages; 3 free drinks allowed with alcohol every evening! Has pool, sauna, and fitness room. Great staff.
I have also stayed at the Townplace Suites on Telshor and also liked them a lot...rooms have separate bedrooms from living room which is pretty cool!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
Default Restaurant and a hotel

well, I will be going to the Sun Bowl in El Paso on the 31st and I might just stay the night in Las Cruces cause the day before I am going to the Lobo game at NMSU.

Can you recommend a decent affordable hotel in the $50-$60 dollar range and a good local place to eat that is not a chain restaurant, it can be any type of a restaurant, the same with El Paso too.

How is the weather around that time of year? I just hope I dont hit any icy roads, I hate traveling in the winter, thanks.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Last things first - it may be cold, but, much less chance of precipitation than you have in ABQ.

Normally, there are a few hotels to choose from in that price range, but with the games, the holidays and all, rates may be a little higher pretty much everywhere.

Before I moved here, I stayed at one of the La Quinta properties pretty regularly. I seem to recall that it cost pretty close to your price range.
The rooms are clean, the location is good - it is right off of I-10 - and there are a few restaurants, mostly chains (sorry) and a Starbucks within walking distance.

For better info on restaurants, check out the 'sticky' restaurant thread at the beginning of the LC thread listings.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Both La Quinta and Drury hotel are located right off the Avenida De Mesilla exit off of I-10. This gives you simultaneous access to both Mesilla for great dining as well as I-10 to get away to El Paso quickly. The hotels should both run around 50-60 a night.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:06 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,487 times
There is also the Best Western on South Main which has a non-chain restaurant and is attached to two bars, Tres Amigos and Rainforest.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:06 PM

216 posts, read 732,103 times
Another Best Western right on Ave. Mesilla, kind of across from Drury Inn, not as nice rooms as the aforementioned Best Western, but it is attached to an excellent restaurant: "Eddie's". The service is outstanding, very friendly and the menu/food is great. A really wonderful full breakfast is *free* with the stay at this Best Western, but like I said, rooms aren't awesome or anything, plus it is noisy from the freeway traffic. You could at least try Eddie's, and they have happy hour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces