Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

So, I finally 'discovered' Durango Bagels on my way to church this morning. I have to say, I was quite pleased with their lox spread (and the generous amount supplied) and the plain bagel that accompanied it.

The bagel itself was quite reminiscent of the way they were made in the 'old days' back when I lived on the Lower East Side in Manhattan, small and firm, not ginormous and 'bread-like' the way most of them are now.

Durango's Bagels gets a spot on my list of 'favorite' places around town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,487 times
I like Durango Bagels, too. I wish they offered hummus as a bagel topping for those of us who don't eat dairy products. If they did, I'd probably stop in there every time I visit the Coas bookstore on Solano. I guess if enough people request it, they might start offering it.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:15 PM

7 posts, read 20,545 times
Default So so Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Taste of India: Again, the ONLY place in LC to get Eastern Indian food. I hit their lunch buffet about once a month. $7.50 for all you can eat. Enough selection to please both meat-eaters and vegetarians. If they were located anywhere but directly across from NMSU, they would have folded a long time ago. Highly recommended.
I have to admit to being spoiled having lived in England (the home of the best Indian food in the world) but by English standards Taste of India is worse than second rate. My wife and I have had plenty of family friends and family visit and although they all love Indian food we have never taken them to Taste of India we'd be embarrassed. I'd rather pick up a jar of Korma from Toucan or Wal Mart and cook up my own chicken than eat there

If you are looking for good Indian food India Palace on N Mesa in El Paso is pretty good.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM

137 posts, read 474,645 times
I am somewhat new to LC--about six months into my new home in the southwest. I really like the restaurant My Brother's Place. Great red chile burritos and super friendly staff. I don't think the margaritas (supposedly they are the best in town, voted by public) are worth the cost, but it is fun once in a while.
Red Mountain has a great goat cheese appetizer. St. Claire's is probably the nicest place in town with the most consistently good food and wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces