Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,555,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Now isn't that a shame.....

An article which you can't find. Now isn't that a shame.....

Las Cruces is in New Mexico. Albuquerque is in New Mexico. You are talking about a situation in California and about an unknown law. Duh. Sorry, but I answered your questions, and you did not answer my questions. So Duh, I wonder what I should think....

Since I have been called rude in these forums, how about if I become polite and just ignore your posts, since you haven't posted here in the New Mexico fourms before anyway, I consider you a casual drive-by...

Rich
I hate to say this again but last time i checked New mezico was still part of the United States of America , so a violation of your rights in california is the same violation if it happens in New Mezico , the private co. does not have any right to recieve profets from any police dept or government agency , ( It's call an illegal payoff) plus our constitution say's you have a right to face your accuser, please tell me how do you speak to a robot camera, and I have yet to see a camera talk back, sounds dumb ! but thats the fact , thats how easy it is to beat the RED LIGHT issue . enough said time will tell the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,518,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I hate to say this again but last time i checked New mezico was still part of the United States of America , so a violation of your rights in california is the same violation if it happens in New Mezico ,
Wrong. Try to learn to spell. California Laws do not apply in New Mexico, or in fact any of the other 49 states. Show me the Federal Law that applies to what you are trying to say....

Did your buddy Steve Bagu call you over for backup?

Rich

Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,841,268 times
NO it's not a shame...I'm just a little senile with age and at times cannot recall what happened 10 secs ago.

Anyway found it!!!!!!!

Goggle up "Highway Robbery.net"

Additional Info:

Costa Mesa Calif 2004... 579 Convictions reversed and money refunded.

Complaints; Duration of yellow light
" Legal notification required to motorists
" Illegal contingency fee contracts used by cities

LA times June 12 2004: yellow did not last 4.3 secs. as required.

Click ON......... Red Light Camera Tickets defeated in Calif.
Feb 28th 2009

Does that satisfy your doubts as to my statments you question?

You can google up more reading info under "Red Camera" etc

One thing they can do is to have the yellow "BLINK" (3) times before turning red.

This is what they do in MEXICO that gives a driver time to stop before the RED.

Of course the US wants the money and H*** with the citizen.

Top it off...rental and service is $6000.00 per each camera per month. Multiply that by the number of cameras installed and your talking a good amount of greenbacks.

With the increased revenue at these "RED CAMERAS" the "REAR END" accidents have increased.

Need I say more on what I think?

Steve

(Hows those bannanas?)

Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,702,106 times
Nice website addressing some of the pitfalls of red light cameras, and discussing California law (which is not applicable in NM, but there may be similar laws). Nowhere do I see where private enterprise profiting from fines paid is against the law.

Blinking yellow lights, and duration of yellow lights is a completely separate matter.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,027,634 times
I have observed many drivers stopping completely at red lights whilst
waiting to turn left who get impatient and then run the light - making
their left turn. This happens along Tramway and Paseo a lot.

This is only fleetingly related to the red light cameras, but didn't
deserve a whole thread.

It would be best if at the wee hours when I see this behavior, the
lights were flashing yellow and red, but some people would end up
pulling out in front of drivers with the right-of-way and ruining it for
the rest of us.

.... kinda like everyday driving anyway, but I digress ...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,555,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Wrong. Try to learn to spell. California Laws do not apply in New Mexico, or in fact any of the other 49 states. Show me the Federal Law that applies to what you are trying to say....

Did your buddy Steve Bagu call you over for backup?

Rich
PLEASE EXCUSE the slip of the finger , California Law's per say do not apply in New Mexico , but the rights Irefered to were "YOU'RE Constitution Rights which you appearently know nothing about other wise you would not make the statements you do. Try US Title 42, 1983 or in the case of these Red Light camera tickets try US Title 18, 241-242 to start with and there are more. Again the red light camera's are illegal end of story! As for Steve , have never met him , and by the way although I do not often post in the New Mexico site, as a full time RV'er I spent quite a bit of time in the lovely state of New Mexico, One added note. As to my knowing what my right's are! Both of my vehicles do not have ( any state) registration plates on them , nor do I have or carry a (any state) drivers license unlike you and many millions out there .And before you say that I am breaking some State law! , please learn as i did , what "YOU'RE" Constitutional rights are if you really care, or as i suspect you just like to argue.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM

The citations generated from red light cameras may not be enforceable if there is no recourse to due process, but in no way are they illegal.
I think when you drive without a license in an unregistered vehicle, you are breaking the law. There is no constitutional provision for you to drive an unregistered vehicle on a public road without a driver's license. I thought that the founding fathers left those kinds of things to the individual states. But what do I know?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM

"Blinking" or "flashing" yellow light off and on gives a person notice that the signal will be turning RED.

Cannot conceive where that would be a problem for a ongoing driver.

Driving in traffic speed with cars on your tail...the light goes yellow and the guy in front hits the breaks where it would have been safe and legal for him to procede thru the intersection, Boom...the end result. We have all been there at one time or another.(Or close too it)

Next time a person is driving...take notice of the irregular signal functions that are around. See how long a yellow is lite for the cross traffic before you procede. They are not the same.

Steve

Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
"Blinking" or "flashing" yellow light off and on gives a person notice that the signal will be turning RED.

Cannot conceive where that would be a problem for a ongoing driver.

Driving in traffic speed with cars on your tail...the light goes yellow and the guy in front hits the breaks where it would have been safe and legal for him to procede thru the intersection, Boom...the end result. We have all been there at one time or another.(Or close too it)

Next time a person is driving...take notice of the irregular signal functions that are around. See how long a yellow is lite for the cross traffic before you procede. They are not the same.

Steve

The yellow light situation you describe is a problem with or without traffic cameras. I just don't see the relevance.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 PM

The "relevance" as you stated pertains to the length in secs the yellow is showing. The time entering the intersection with the yellow on could be short enough so that a person is still in the intersection when turning RED...thus considerd running a RED light.

Entering the intersection after the light turns RED is a NO NO and warrants a ticket. Big difference.

I sat (front car) at a signal waiting for a left turn with a green light at a 4 way intersection. Cross traffic and oncoming traffic had the GREEN light for THREE cycles while we waited for our turn. Cars were backing up behind me and probably were inpatient as was I. Sooooo they do malfunction.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces