U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM

13,961 posts, read 6,918,786 times
Default Sonoma Ranch Blvd is OPEN!

From the Sun-News:

"After 18 years, and plenty of wishing and hoping from city of Las Cruces administrators and motorists, there is now access to east Lohman Avenue and U.S. Highway 70 through Sonoma Ranch Boulevard."

Sonoma Ranch Boulevard is open (9:40 p.m.) - Las Cruces Sun-News
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 08:19 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,908,659 times
Hope it helps all the traffic problems. Will have to drive it - just because I can..

Old 06-01-2009, 09:10 AM

7,646 posts, read 11,164,796 times
I wonder why the one section (about 300 yards) of the northbound side is still not open. I did my evening run through that new section last night. There is no joggers lane once you run over the bridge, headed towards the golf course. It seems as though it was rushed to be opened, it's not really complete.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:54 AM

2,866 posts, read 4,099,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I wonder why the one section (about 300 yards) of the northbound side is still not open. I did my evening run through that new section last night. There is no joggers lane once you run over the bridge, headed towards the golf course. It seems as though it was rushed to be opened, it's not really complete.
Is this the section you are referring to (from the LC-Sun-News)?

"Motorists who now plan to use Sonoma Ranch Boulevard should be aware that a portion approximately two-tenths of a mile long just north of Lohman will only be two lanes until development of that area begins. When that happens, the land owners of that parcel, Las Crucens Grady Oxford and Royal Jones, will be required to either expand the road or pay the city the cost to have it done."

Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM

7,646 posts, read 11,164,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Is this the section you are referring to (from the LC-Sun-News)?

"Motorists who now plan to use Sonoma Ranch Boulevard should be aware that a portion approximately two-tenths of a mile long just north of Lohman will only be two lanes until development of that area begins. When that happens, the land owners of that parcel, Las Crucens Grady Oxford and Royal Jones, will be required to either expand the road or pay the city the cost to have it done."
That's precisely the section. And I'll tell you, before too long, there is going to be some sort of an accident, either with one or multiple vehicles, or perhaps a pedestrian accident. Oxford and Jones should have been required to pay, or the city of Las Cruces should complete that one section. All the trappings of a potential lawsuit are palpable.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:29 AM

2,866 posts, read 4,099,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
That's precisely the section. And I'll tell you, before too long, there is going to be some sort of an accident, either with one or multiple vehicles, or perhaps a pedestrian accident. Oxford and Jones should have been required to pay, or the city of Las Cruces should complete that one section. All the trappings of a potential lawsuit are palpable.
It sounds like poor planning by the city. Although completion of the rest of the road will probably expedite the development of those parcels, the developers should have been held to the city's timetable for development of the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces