U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM

7,646 posts, read 11,045,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Since there are newcomers reading this thread, the list isn't complete without a mention of Coas bookstore. If you love browsing through used bookstores, you'll be in ecstasy. Biggest used bookstore in all of southern NM, I believe. They have books, maps, DVDs, videos, etc, most at pretty fair prices. They offer a trade-in/credit program but I've never signed up, so not sure how it works. Two locations: big store right in the downtown mall and another smaller store on Solano north of Idaho. Downtown location has a nice little coffeeshop.
I've signed up. Mostly because of my kids, and exchanging books. I am not sure how their credit system works, but the upshot of it is that you bring in unwanted books, and they line item credit per book onto a 3x5 index card. Your surplus is listed on there. Then you can buy any book of your choosing, and it is subtracted from that index card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 PM

44 posts, read 88,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I've signed up. Mostly because of my kids, and exchanging books. I am not sure how their credit system works, but the upshot of it is that you bring in unwanted books, and they line item credit per book onto a 3x5 index card. Your surplus is listed on there. Then you can buy any book of your choosing, and it is subtracted from that index card.
Yes, Coas is a great store. We have not tried to understand the credit system, we just pay whatever they ask for each transaction. They are moving the 3x5 data base to a computer system and now have barcoded member cards. (Of course the bar code reader failed to decode my card the other day.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
View detailed profiles of: