Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,537 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a place where I have SAFE-as-possible....and not hibernate.. I am 70 and long from dead...Have lived from New Hampshire to NY to TX to FL to Wa....I would love to live in Vegas.....A few miles from the One Arm Bandits. Don't get me wrong....I live on fixed income.....I would like a nice 2br 900 sq ft apt or townhouse or condo....nice size patio would be a +.....need room for a pool table..... simply a nice safe place to live...like to ride my schwinn,swim and walk at night.....and any area of Vegas with all the hot redheads simply want to chill + enjoy remaining years....don't want to look over my shoulder......

Love Ya'll,,,,Howard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,897,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Futureworld, just lay out a map of the valley. Close your eyes and touch the map with your finger. That will be the area for you to pick. No fair peeking.
Ha ha - just tried that and hit the area just west of Naked City.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,507 times
I am a little bit confused with all the information that I found... I am considering purchasing a home in Las Vegas...and I am not familiar with the area....I am from Los Angeles and I can tell you which are the best and worse areas.... I am looking to purchase a 4/3, built in the last 5 to 10 years, no pool, I will consider a gated community, but not necessarily if other areas are best, close to all major shopping centers, 24 hr fitness, and low crime %. I work from home....there will be no commuting...... Mainly focused in the best areas available....great looking homes...

If you could please list the areas in a numerical order, #1 being the best area.

I appreciate your help very much.

Best regards,

Old 01-23-2014, 04:18 PM

15,759 posts, read 14,361,494 times
Well, there's a neighborhood called Naked City. It's very convenient to the strip.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:55 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,751,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rerobles View Post
I am a little bit confused with all the information that I found... I am considering purchasing a home in Las Vegas...and I am not familiar with the area....I am from Los Angeles and I can tell you which are the best and worse areas.... I am looking to purchase a 4/3, built in the last 5 to 10 years, no pool, I will consider a gated community, but not necessarily if other areas are best, close to all major shopping centers, 24 hr fitness, and low crime %. I work from home....there will be no commuting...... Mainly focused in the best areas available....great looking homes...

If you could please list the areas in a numerical order, #1 being the best area.

Best regards,
You're going to keep being confused until you come here, drive through the neighborhoods, and get a sense of what each offers. You should be able to tell by driving through if it is the kind of place you want to live. If you don't do that, you're going to instigate a "Summerlin vs. Green Valley / Southern Highlands vs. Mountains Edge / Centennial Hills vs. Anthem / Alliante vs. Sunrise" debate that will spin around and around until everyone flies off.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,728,275 times
Quote:

Best regards,
Well as always there are trade-offs. 5 to 10 years will rule out the vast majority of convenient places to live. Building has generally gone to the outer ring. But the outer ring will have limited services. There are for instance two heavy malls and a third being built. Only the one being built is convenient to the 10 year or less age criteria. And that means far west side.

Another criteria is how much you are willing to spend. There are custom 4/3s of relatively recent vintage in a number of the equestrian zoned areas. These can be very nice but the nice ones cost and the whole semi-rural thing turns off a lot of people.

As was suggested you need to come over and spend a few days getting the lay of the land...

Old 01-23-2014, 06:47 PM

210 posts, read 448,037 times
Las Vegas generally is like most cities the better neighborhoods are further out from the city center. Not say there are not good neighborhoods closer to the city center but you have to pick your spots.

Look at map of the city...the 215 beltways are where all the "good" message board neighborhoods are located.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,931,944 times
Quote:
I am considering purchasing a home in Las Vegas...and I am not familiar with the area....
If you're not familiar with the area, then why in the world would you be considering a move here?

You have it exactly backwards. Find out about an area before you consider changing your whole lifestyle.

"I wanna become a doctor, but I don't know much about medicine."

Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 AM

399 posts, read 554,786 times
Quote:

Best regards,

This is my list...have looked at homes in all areas, bought in one of them.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
We are looking to retire in Vegas. Same as most posts. Looking for a safe, close to shopping and entertainment. Price range $200,000- 250,000 We are planning to visit in October this year to look around. Any ideas of where to look.

Last edited by Dreamer46373; 07-18-2015 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: adding question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas