Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by famusdarlin View Post
O wow, you would never guess it was illegal based on the number you find on all the rental sites. Sounds like a hotel might be the way to go...now I'm off to try to convince the ladies that is the thing to do. I'm from the midwest, so I'm not big on taxis, but the other ladies are from NY and such so they are probably thinking Vegas would be like there with taxis all over all the time.
A., It's not at all like New York (thank goodness). For one thing you can't stand on a corner and hail a cab. In New York 99 out of 100 cars is a cab. Not so here.

2, You can stay at home and hang around the house. It's Vegas, Baby!!! You'll want to be where the action is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 04:13 PM

402 posts, read 1,527,812 times
You won't be thrown in jail for renting an "illegal" vacation house. Don't be too rowdy and Im sure no one will mind. You'd be much better off renting a couple of large cars or minivans or maybe even a 15 passenger van then relying on cabs. Outside of touristy areas you're gonna have to have the cab company dispatch cabs out to you which could take a while.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Have you ever known 11 women not to be rowdy...especially when having a good time?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:57 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli2000 View Post
You won't be thrown in jail for renting an "illegal" vacation house. Don't be too rowdy and Im sure no one will mind. You'd be much better off renting a couple of large cars or minivans or maybe even a 15 passenger van then relying on cabs. Outside of touristy areas you're gonna have to have the cab company dispatch cabs out to you which could take a while.

there have been several busts at houses where there were large number of women and a lot of traffic coming and going from the house. mostly prostitution rings and the like.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 AM

404 posts, read 1,195,256 times
[quote=aqualung8705;14740193]My sister, who's a reservationist for MGM Resorts, said that your best bet is either at a Budget Suites or Extended Stay America. Nothing else on the Strip has kitchenettes, except maybe for Vdara,

Not true. there are several properties with kitchens. Look into MGM Signature. Both the studios and 1 bedrooms have kitchens. They may even be able to accommodate you and put you in connecting suites. They are having several special rates right now. You have use of the Signature and MGM Grand pools, as well.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Have you ever known 11 women not to be rowdy...especially when having a good time?
Housewives of Missouri?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 AM

136 posts, read 276,762 times
Has this been illegal for a long time? My girlfriends and I rented a house in LV last October. There were about 12 of us. I had no idea this was illegal.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
all I know is that there have been several neighborhoods that have had problems with an investor/owner short term renting houses for "party" weekends. I for one am glad its no longer legally allowed, as living next door or even on the same street or vicinity of a "party house" would be a huge annoyance with the noise, street traffic, etc...

Short term renters, especially out-of-towners, generally have no respect for the surrounding area they are just visiting for a few days.. hey, its vegas baby ! anything goes no matter where located!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:04 AM

351 posts, read 836,907 times
Buzz is so right on this one. Stay on The Strip & you may never need a taxi-the biggest adult playground in the world is at your doorstep. Forget those couple of meals you were going to cook & make this a Vegas vaca, not a midwestern cabin trip. Take advantage of Vegas' very reasonable hotel rates & be in the middle of the action!! You never need to bother renting a car in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas