Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM

76 posts, read 276,596 times

Advertisements

I've just moved to Vegas. I have a black care. It is killing me under this heat.

I'm thinking of having my car windows tinted as dark as possible by NV law. What is the allowed percentage?

How much do I expect to spend?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 05:49 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,290 times
I recommend getting moleskin installed as our wind attracts a lot of dust that will scratch the tint. Mine is completely skrewed because of this. I have ceramic tint installed and recall paying around $350 bucks three years ago but I know the place that did mine is no longer around or moved.

There are no limits to the rear passenger door and rear windows but the front driver and passenger windows need to allow at least 35% light through. I did 35% all around the car and wish I had gone a bit darker, actually.

I am going to /thread here and ask if anyone knows a company that not only installs, but removes tint. I would like to get mine redone.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:58 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I did 35% all around the car and wish I had gone a bit darker, actually.

I am going to /thread here and ask if anyone knows a company that not only installs, but removes tint. I would like to get mine redone.
Agreed I went 20% all the way around and witsh I went darker. 35% is useless. I would go 5% all the way around. I see tons of cars who do it. This is not California so the cops do not bother people with it.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,548,180 times
I also would be interested to hear a good recommendation. I drive for up to 4 hours a day for my job and even with the AC my skin is baking in my car.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,219,492 times
Go see Avi at the Fantastic Swap Meet on Decatur and Oakey. He used to have the car accessories booth inside at the back door, but now he just runs the tinting shop in the back on the Oakey side. They'll do a good job and won't rip you off. You might want to go to the booth inside and get some sheepskin seat covers too, especially if your upholstery is leather or vinyl.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,219,492 times
If you have any nighttime visual problems, don't go too dark or you won't be able to see out at night. I wish I hadn't. I can hardly see to back up at night.

Speaking of that booth inside, this is the best thing we ever did for both of our cars. They had them when Avi ran it, so I assume they still sell these.
Auto Sun Blinds - Automobile Windshield Covers (http://www.autosunblinds.com/auto_sun_blinds_info.htm - broken link)

Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 AM

6 posts, read 14,922 times
To the person above that asked about finding somewhere to remove tint. Did you find anywhere? Are there places in LV that does this? I do this in KY and am giving thought to re-locating to LV. I can see there are tons of tint shops, just wondering if those in the LV area remove as well?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 AM

6 posts, read 21,666 times
I'm pretty sure most places that do tint will also remove the tint. I just got my windows tinted at KAO Auto Styling which cost $150 for all my windows minus the windshield. I have a convertible so 2 of the 5 windows were small; im not sure if that would matter in the price. They told me they charge $60 a window to remove the tint. I wouldn't use them again because there were pieces of tint left in my car and what really bothered me was that there was water on my leather seats and a puddle of water in the back where my top goes down. I had to go back in and ask for a towel. They were a little bit unprofessional; it didn't bug me too much, but they were bsing with each other and using foul language.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,228,290 times
Nope, sure havent found anyone that specializes in removing tint.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:02 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,860,829 times
I had my Scion XB done at Desert Tint.. 10% the back is also too dark considering the windows were already factory tinted.. i paid $110 including the strip on the windshield.. they did do a nice job though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas