Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:04 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Nonsense? I'm getting the figures from the official jobs report. The April report showed the country added 431,000 jobs, 411,000 of which were due to the census. So even without the census, the country added jobs last month, as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of jobs that were being lost when Obama took office. Which is what I stated.

Oh, God, not yet another government conspiracy. And this one makes even less sense than your usual conspiracy theories (as if that was possible.) What was the last one? Something about the traffic cameras placed at intersections actually being there so that the government could spy on us? In any case, I'm done responding to you and your "theories."

BFD. We need to add about 150,000 jobs/month just to MAINTAIN the UE rate at the same level thanks to a larger work force. You're saying that we need to be excited about creating 20,000 jobs in one month, which is < 1/7 of the amount needed just to maintain the UE rate?

Not all of us are dumb enough to believe Obama's BS. What are you going to say next? That we were losing 750,000 jobs/month when Barry took office? Am I supposed to believe that we were going to lose that many jobs/month forever were it not for the great Barry Soetoro?

If you'd like to explain HOW higher taxes, more regulations, quantitative easing, amnesty and card check benefits the American Economy, I'm all ears.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:47 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Anybody trying to draw a line in the sand on the day Barry took office as the day the bottom dropped out is a fool.

The republicans are a 737 heading to Greece and the democrats are the Concord. We are getting to europe either way. Angle or Reid are not creating any jobs. People who believe that government creates meaningful jobs are useful political fodder. It's in the democrats interest to create a nation of paupers but just as much so for the other side creating corporate paupers.

I think when our local and national government quits kicking the can down the street and allows austerity to take place, innovation might occur. We have to cut out welfare, both corporate and personal and other false starts to the economy. There are myriad other issues ranging from taxes, subsidies, illegal immigrants etc but greed at all levels will be our undoing.

There is no corporate or political leadership left. The will of what remains is being stress tested into extinction.

People talk about recovery but I am left to wonder what are we recovering from? The largest growth sector in our nation right now is government. Can somebody tell me how a nation that imports goods on ships and they leave primarily with scrap metal and hay can sustain this? How does a nation recover from multinational corporations exporting and automating jobs? Where is the production going?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Anybody trying to draw a line in the sand on the day Barry took office as the day the bottom dropped out is a fool.
100% agree.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
That is fine, don't respond because you can't since you are wrong. Here even is the corrupt main stream media reporting exactly what I just said. Case closed.

Two more Census workers blow the whistle - NYPOST.com

Doesn't surprise me in the least. The fact that the government even goes to that much trouble is futile to begin with. If you haven't seen the movie "Idiocracy", do yourself a favor and watch it. I'm convinced that's where we are headed.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Doesn't surprise me in the least. The fact that the government even goes to that much trouble is futile to begin with. If you haven't seen the movie "Idiocracy", do yourself a favor and watch it. I'm convinced that's where we are headed.
Idiocracy is already reality. Unfortunately, this is your average American below. Our society has already been so dumbed down there is no stopping it.

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/lasvegasdrunk/633564940352646100-sheeple.jpg?1278045506 (broken link)

Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,049,517 times
(...please move the discussion to the P&OC forum.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: