U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:47 AM

3 posts, read 19,014 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a romantic getaway for my wife and I in October for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We've been to Vegas once, separately, years ago. I've narrowed the choices down to the Bellagio and Wynn Encore. Gambling features are not that important to us, we really just a want a plush, romantic if possible, room and hotel.

Specifically, we're looking at the "Bellagio Suite" (http://bellagio.com/hotel/bellagio-suite.aspx) and the "Panoramic Suite King" at Wynn Encore. With discounts or promotions, both are identical price, $240/night, so price factor's are a wash.

Any advice? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,852,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael9999 View Post
I'm looking for a romantic getaway for my wife and I in October for our 5 year wedding anniversary. We've been to Vegas once, separately, years ago. I've narrowed the choices down to the Bellagio and Wynn Encore. Gambling features are not that important to us, we really just a want a plush, romantic if possible, room and hotel.

Specifically, we're looking at the "Bellagio Suite" (http://bellagio.com/hotel/bellagio-suite.aspx) and the "Panoramic Suite King" at Wynn Encore. With discounts or promotions, both are identical price, $240/night, so price factor's are a wash.

Any advice? Thanks!
Since they both have identical prices, I would go with Wynn.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 19,014 times
If it makes any difference, the Bellagio Suite is actually a 1,042 sq foot 2 room suite on the 29 + floor for the same price as a standard panoramic room at Wynn Encore. I understand a standard Wynn room is still very luxurious, but I thought maybe the Bellagio Suite would tip the scale in their favor? Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:53 PM

12,686 posts, read 30,969,141 times
Wynn built both hotels, and both are the best we have to offer, so it's six of one, etc... Now keep in mind though that the beds at Caesars are on raised platforms and have big round mirrors on the ceilings.

BTW: At the time each was built each was the most expensive hotel construction in the world.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:26 PM

386 posts, read 929,008 times
Quote:

Any advice? Thanks!
This is a little off subject of room/hotel, but if you're truly looking for a memorable dining experience, I would strongly recommend Michael's in the South Point. Although I've yet to eat at Michaels at The South Point, I had several romantic and special occasion dinners when Michaels was at The Barbary Coast. (I've been told every thing's the same at new location, including staff) It is an unforgettable, dining experience, complete with atmosphere, service and the food is not to be out done!

It is a ways away from the main strip, and seating is limited, and mainly reserved for their in-house high rollers so definitely call in advance, if any interest. Las Vegas Fine Dining | Michael’s Gourmet Room | South Point Hotel

Enjoy your stay in Vegas!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM

28 posts, read 51,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Wynn built both hotels, and both are the best we have to offer, so it's six of one, etc... Now keep in mind though that the beds at Caesars are on raised platforms and have big round mirrors on the ceilings.

BTW: At the time each was built each was the most expensive hotel construction in the world.
The best hotel is the Four Season not the Wynn....to answer the original poster go to the Bellagio is a better hotel for romantic escapades..

Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 PM

2,038 posts, read 3,648,894 times
Quote:

Any advice? Thanks!
I think the Wynn edges out the Bellagio for overall design, but that's just my preference. I had the chance to check out the Bellagio's rooms recently though and I was impressed with the remodelling (not sure when that was done.) If you are here on a weekend, the Jasmine Brunch at the Bellagio on Sunday is sublime.

You can't make a bad choice. You're going to have a great time.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM

386 posts, read 929,008 times
I believe the Bellagio is in a more, central location of the strip. Never stayed at either, but both are beautiful facilities.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM

762 posts, read 1,347,063 times
The Encore is a diffrent experience than the Wynn. The Encore is more intimate and very beautiful the atmosphere is far more romantic than Wynn or Bellagio.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:18 PM

10,485 posts, read 22,550,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
I believe the Bellagio is in a more, central location of the strip. Never stayed at either, but both are beautiful facilities.
Agreed, the Bellagio is a much better choice especially regarding location. The Wynn is at the end of the strip by the Circus Circus. I personally never venture that far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas