Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKLAS View Post
LOL, a person with almost 1,900 posts on an internet messaging board telling another to "get a life." That's rich!
Why yes I am rich, thanks.

And considering that I lead a life of leisure with no need to work 8 hrs./day and not a care in the world, I suppose that I can spare a couple of minutes each day to post a few comments. But thanks for being concerned about my life.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:07 PM

222 posts, read 385,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Why yes I am rich, thanks.

And considering that I lead a life of leisure with no need to work 8 hrs./day and not a care in the world, I suppose that I can spare a couple of minutes each day to post a few comments. But thanks for being concerned about my life.
Ooooo... look at MMB, he's rich! Should we all bow down now, or later?

I'm happy for you that you live a "life of leisure," let alone feel so comfortable openly bragging about it on an internet forum. Me, I'm 30 years old and own several small businesses locally, with another set to open its doors in February. I own a paid-for home, a paid-for car, and earn about $400,000 a year. I could "retire" today if I wanted to.

I grew up in a modest Kentucky household and started my first internet business in 1997 while still in high school. In other words, nothing was given to me. Of course, I don't know your situation, so I would never imply that you're in a different boat.

To me, there's no better feeling in the world than working (for myself, not under an idiot "boss") to grow my companies for the benefit of my employees, myself, and the community as a whole. I don't know what you mean by "life of leisure," but you couldn't pay me enough to sit around all day trying to decide which mundane activity (golf, for example) to occupy myself with next. I'd be bored out of my freakin' mind.

So, spare us the "I'm a rich, elitist leftist with nothing better to do than post on internet message boards all day because I don't have to work" crap. There are many, many people struggling in Vegas just to get by right now, and they don't need to hear that drivel from either one of us.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
I suggest we all calm down. I am of the belief that there are a set of people on this list who are reasonably well off...likely including me depending on the criteria.

I would point out it is a nice place to be and makes the time to comment on the net more available.

I tried MMB way for four or five years when I first arrived in Vegas. Then got trapped by the Admiral into the RE business and have never looked back.

I would also admit we are not as well off as we once were. But what the hell. It makes it more interesting to make money when you know what you will do with it.

So lets stay civil. This is actually a neat operation as there are a significant set of contributors who are not fighting the money demons. I think that gives a perspective not often available on such lists.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
No, I think he's saying that it will cost him an additional $360 over what he's currently paying to switch his insurance to a Nevada agent. I know that it cost me a little more than that when I switched from DC to LV.
I have FL insurance. My mother pays $200 a month on her policy for my car. I quoted Geico after seeing this thread last night. They want $393 A MONTH for the same coverage I have now. Unitrin Direct wants $240, which I MAY be able to afford but there is a $500 down payment PLUS the $195 reg fee

Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
Quote:
Ooooo... look at MMB, he's rich! Should we all bow down now, or later?

I'm happy for you that you live a "life of leisure," let alone feel so comfortable openly bragging about it on an internet forum. Me, I'm 30 years old and own several small businesses locally, with another set to open its doors in February. I own a paid-for home, a paid-for car, and earn about $400,000 a year. I could "retire" today if I wanted to.

I grew up in a modest Kentucky household and started my first internet business in 1997 while still in high school. In other words, nothing was given to me. Of course, I don't know your situation, so I would never imply that you're in a different boat.

To me, there's no better feeling in the world than working (for myself, not under an idiot "boss") to grow my companies for the benefit of my employees, myself, and the community as a whole. I don't know what you mean by "life of leisure," but you couldn't pay me enough to sit around all day trying to decide which mundane activity (golf, for example) to occupy myself with next. I'd be bored out of my freakin' mind.

So, spare us the "I'm a rich, elitist leftist with nothing better to do than post on internet message boards all day because I don't have to work" crap. There are many, many people struggling in Vegas just to get by right now, and they don't need to hear that drivel from either one of us.
In trying to cut someone down you made yourself look like a douche. I guess it's slightly better being the idiot boss than working for one...kudos to you.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:58 PM

222 posts, read 385,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
I guess it's slightly better being the idiot boss than working for one
It is.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right.

I was trying to do a play on words using your "that's rich" phrase and it came out all wrong. On reflection, it made me sound like a douche and you are right to call me out on it.

I apologize to the readers of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas