U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
28 posts, read 55,063 times
Reputation: 25

Advertisements

We just got back from a short trip to Vegas for apartment hunting. We visited a bunch of places in different areas and we liked Cantera at Coronado Ranch the best on South Rainbow Blvd. We took tours of all the places we looked at. This area was close to the 215, the grounds looked very nice, the person that took us around was nice and we liked the floor plan and price. I don't know how else to judge a place but everything seemed good here. We would like to rent it for six months then move into a rental town home or condo after that. We want a two bedroom place on the second floor that accepts a cat. This seems like a good place for us to start. While we are living there we would have more time to find another place than just the couple days we had on this trip. Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about Cantera or even the property next door called The Covington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
 
55 posts, read 65,013 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkimO View Post
We just got back from a short trip to Vegas for apartment hunting. We visited a bunch of places in different areas and we liked Cantera at Coronado Ranch the best on South Rainbow Blvd. We took tours of all the places we looked at. This area was close to the 215, the grounds looked very nice, the person that took us around was nice and we liked the floor plan and price. I don't know how else to judge a place but everything seemed good here. We would like to rent it for six months then move into a rental town home or condo after that. We want a two bedroom place on the second floor that accepts a cat. This seems like a good place for us to start. While we are living there we would have more time to find another place than just the couple days we had on this trip. Does anyone have any good or bad things to say about Cantera or even the property next door called The Covington?

We are going out there next month to do exactly the same thing. Starting to look online for places to check out during our trip. Figure if we can set up appt. before we get there we can have a plan of attack when we land. Did you make appts or just walk in? Can you tell me a little about the process so we can know what to expect? we are also looking for a 1-2 BR that accepts a cat.

Sorry I can't help with your questions but am interested in your experience...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,571 posts, read 20,662,092 times
Reputation: 6763
Roseykatt, just about every apt complex in town accepts cats. You shouldn't have too much of a problem. Always find out for sure though. And you will have to pay pet rent if you are renting an apt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 PM
 
366 posts, read 1,031,649 times
Reputation: 218
Great area....Love it. Been living around thr corner from there for 4 years. Not a bad thing to say about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
 
2,484 posts, read 3,507,922 times
Reputation: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Roseykatt, just about every apt complex in town accepts cats. You shouldn't have too much of a problem. Always find out for sure though. And you will have to pay pet rent if you are renting an apt.

I am in the process of securing an apartment with no pet rent currently. I was happily surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,728 posts, read 7,885,118 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3788 View Post
Great area....Love it. Been living around thr corner from there for 4 years. Not a bad thing to say about it.
We have friends in that area, it's really nice out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
28 posts, read 55,063 times
Reputation: 25
Nice to hear that you two like that area we are looking at.

Roseykatt - We had a great time looking at all the places. We started on the west side of town and worked our way around south and ended up in the Henderson area. We didn't have any appointments and just showed up. Just walk in and someone will take your info as to what you are looking for and your time frame. Then they all gave us a tour of the exercise room and pool area then we got to see different floor plans. They all were set up with the furniture and looked good. We went to around 10 different apartments. Most were the Picerne properties. It took us about 6 hours to see them all.

Here are a few options that helped us make our decision.
Assigned or Unassigned parking
Closed in or Rail Balcony
On the second floor apartments, outside stairs or inside stairs
We liked the inside stairs because when someone comes to
your front door, they don't go right into your apartment.
They have to come up the stairs first to get to your room.
24 hour pool or pools with closing times

After you see a few different places you will get an idea of what you like and don't like. Make sure you write down all the different options that each place has when you leave because you will forget what place had what after looking around all day.

Have a great time and let me know if you need any other info.
You can send me a direct message if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM
 
55 posts, read 65,013 times
Reputation: 21
MarkimO,

Thanks so much for all your advice and help. We are starting to find some places of interest, however, everytime I go to apartmentratings.com to see what previous tenants have to say I get discouraged. We are not picky at all and some people want the red carpet treatment. I don't care if the walls are a little too thin, or if someone left their cigarette butts on the ground. All I want is a safe, clean place with NO bugs...That is my biggest stipulation...YUCK!!

The process is so overwhelming and it feels like a HUGE uphill battle. I want the process to be exciting but with being so far away and only having pictures to look at and this site (THANK GOD FOR YOU GUYS!!). I am hoping to feel different after we actually get to look at the places.

I hope you don't mind but I am going to send you a PM with a few more questions. Don't want to clog up this thread with boring details.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top