U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM

12,244 posts, read 15,946,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Poker View Post
I got my rejection E-Mail, it reads like this.

Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We're writing to inform you that we've recently selected another candidate for the ? position. We invite you to return to our website and keep an eye out for new opportunities. Your continued interest and contact is the best way to remain engaged with our brand, and ensures we'll have more chances to consider you in the future.

Sincerely,

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
New lingo...e-jection = rejection via e-mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,786 times
I received my job offer Saturday morning via phone call. I am waiting for the e mail with the information about the next step. This morning I called the talent center and they said it would take up to a couple of days to receive that information. Then I will have to book my appointment to go in and fill out paperwork, photo etc. I was told to report for work on 11-16. The talent center told me that my background check, credit check etc. may not be back before the 16th. What if I start working and they aren't happy with my credit report? I'm not worried about drugs or background.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM

19 posts, read 27,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
New lingo...e-jection = rejection via e-mail.

What did you apply for? Hopefully you will find something else to apply for.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 PM

housekeeping...I failed the talent portion.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 6,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdh1733 View Post
I received my job offer Saturday morning via phone call. I am waiting for the e mail with the information about the next step. This morning I called the talent center and they said it would take up to a couple of days to receive that information. Then I will have to book my appointment to go in and fill out paperwork, photo etc. I was told to report for work on 11-16. The talent center told me that my background check, credit check etc. may not be back before the 16th. What if I start working and they aren't happy with my credit report? I'm not worried about drugs or background.
Im worried about the same thing. I am wondering what they look for in your credit report because these days alot of unfortunate things are going on. (foreclosures, loss of jobs etc.) and you never know if the person you don't hire because of their credit could be a great worker. I would hate to go through this whole process only to be let go because of my credit which could be something that I couldn't help.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,597 times
I have my first interiview (audition) on weds Nov 3rd, just wondering if anyone can tell me what I can expect? is it a normal interview where you answer multiple questions about your self, or is it a audition where you get put into some kind of practical role playing situation? Any insight on what will happen and what kind of questions will be asked of me will be of great help... Thank you............

Old 11-01-2010, 04:19 PM

just the routine audition....singing, dancing...or playing an instrument.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM

8 posts, read 9,804 times
darwin did are you going in for bartender? thanks for the information!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:46 PM

848 posts, read 909,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Poker View Post
I got my rejection E-Mail, it reads like this.

Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We're writing to inform you that we've recently selected another candidate for the ? position. We invite you to return to our website and keep an eye out for new opportunities. Your continued interest and contact is the best way to remain engaged with our brand, and ensures we'll have more chances to consider you in the future.

Sincerely,

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
If I remember correctly, the rejection letter I got was similar to what you got.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 PM

91 posts, read 131,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcHrisZtian View Post
darwin did are you going in for bartender? thanks for the information!!

hey
i have a co-worker right now that has been offered a bartender position in banquets. hes had 3 interviews. he knows connection who currently works at cosmo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas