U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:19 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,712 posts, read 11,339,851 times
Reputation: 3773

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I still cant figure out what all the hype is about when it comes to In-N-Out. Just an average burger place to me.

That statement is dead on. There is a lot of mis-information about "North Las Vegas".

That is a little exaggerated. But understood.
In N Out is delicious to me but I have had better. There is a great place back east called "Five Guys" it puts In N Out to shame

As far as Lake Mead Blvd, it was a bit of an exaggeration, but the first time I traveled up Lake Mead towards Summerlin I was surprised at how far west the ghetto areas stretched. It stops right around Jones or Decatur, that is debatable. Lake Mead from Simmons all the way to Hollywood in North Las Vegas is pretty scary though

You know you're in Las Vegas when at a red light you see 6 exotic sports cars around you that you'd NEVER see back east

You drive 45 miles to the Cali-Nevada border to play the lottery

A majority of people you know are from California

You favorite station is 98.5 KLUC, and you're 45.

Snow skiing at Mt Charleston is just an hour away

Water skiing at Lake Mead is just one hour away

You see drivers flying up the on ramps at 90 mph to get on the freeway

Both Tropicana Ave and Tropical Parkway are referred to as "Trop"

You commute clear across town from Centennial Hills to Henderson to work

There is always debris on the sides of the freeways

You meet tourists on the strip and they say "So which hotel do you live in"
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2010, 01:25 AM
 
Location: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ ̡
7,111 posts, read 10,191,129 times
Reputation: 3837
You know you are in Vegas when you see cops do this...

Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
13,819 posts, read 23,444,830 times
Reputation: 7615
You know you're in Vegas when you see official cop uniforms that include bright yellow shirts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Portland, OR / Las Vegas, NV
1,807 posts, read 3,111,644 times
Reputation: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
In N Out is delicious to me but I have had better. There is a great place back east called "Five Guys" it puts In N Out to shame

As far as Lake Mead Blvd, it was a bit of an exaggeration, but the first time I traveled up Lake Mead towards Summerlin I was surprised at how far west the ghetto areas stretched. It stops right around Jones or Decatur, that is debatable. Lake Mead from Simmons all the way to Hollywood in North Las Vegas is pretty scary though

You know you're in Las Vegas when at a red light you see 6 exotic sports cars around you that you'd NEVER see back east

You drive 45 miles to the Cali-Nevada border to play the lottery

A majority of people you know are from California

You favorite station is 98.5 KLUC, and you're 45.

Snow skiing at Mt Charleston is just an hour away

Water skiing at Lake Mead is just one hour away

You see drivers flying up the on ramps at 90 mph to get on the freeway

Both Tropicana Ave and Tropical Parkway are referred to as "Trop"

You commute clear across town from Centennial Hills to Henderson to work

There is always debris on the sides of the freeways

You meet tourists on the strip and they say "So which hotel do you live in"
Was that directed at me?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,712 posts, read 11,339,851 times
Reputation: 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Was that directed at me?
ACtually no bledsoe, I like you and you're a good guy. That post was more for humor than anything. I wasnt thinking of you at or to insult you or knock you down with that post. If i offended you, I apologize
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 32,233,794 times
Reputation: 8934
Bledsoe3 is unoffendable [kinda like me]
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,728 posts, read 7,882,609 times
Reputation: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
ACtually no bledsoe, I like you and you're a good guy. That post was more for humor than anything. I wasnt thinking of you at or to insult you or knock you down with that post. If i offended you, I apologize
Well, what about THOSE of us who are older than 45 that listen to KLUC?

That's when you really know you're in Las Vegas, lol....


I just adore Chet
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,712 posts, read 11,339,851 times
Reputation: 3773
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Well, what about THOSE of us who are older than 45 that listen to KLUC?

That's when you really know you're in Las Vegas, lol....


I just adore Chet
I met Spence, he actually wants me to be on the Morning Zoo to do a phone scam with him. No lie MomMom
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,728 posts, read 7,882,609 times
Reputation: 1303
Do it!

Dang, those just crack me up...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR / Las Vegas, NV
1,807 posts, read 3,111,644 times
Reputation: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
ACtually no bledsoe, I like you and you're a good guy. That post was more for humor than anything. I wasnt thinking of you at or to insult you or knock you down with that post. If i offended you, I apologize
I wasn't offended (as Dyn noted it's hard to do). I just know that you and I had talked previously about music stations in Vegas and the fact that I was 45.

I was just kidding. I guess I should have said I resemble that remark.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top