Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:52 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times

Advertisements

I love gettin in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Oh, I knowwwwwww you do....

Old 08-06-2010, 11:16 AM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Turner and Family guy are apparrantly the same person and are the same as the guy from Fort Wayne a few weeks ago....because I called him on it today and within 20 minutes had hate emails in my personal email....
Good catch dyni, tried to rep you but couldn't

Just a little too coincidental that 2 "different" people would post disparaging remarks in less than 12 hours.

Oh well, guess I'll take my zombie self to the pool later

Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 AM

450 posts, read 1,514,161 times
I happen to love living here, especially since I came from the Northeast which is ransacked with snow for about four to five months. I don't come into contact with the Strip, it's Strippers, and everyone else you conveniently mentioned just because I live in Sin City. I avoid the Strip like the plague, unless I have people visiting. It's not because of the people working on the Strip, it's because of the dumb tourists that are too busy sightseeing rather than driving properly. It's the stupid tourists that are playing chicken on the Strip because they're too impatient to wait for the crosswalk light. I love the outskirts of this town.
You mentioned the low life people living here...always envisioned (<<wow big word from the low life) San Diego being a beach bum town with lots of illegals, so let's rephrase your original statement shall we? If by low life people you mean, criminals, gang members, white trash, etc...pretty sure our towns match up equally.

Why are you on this board noseying around anyway if you hate it so much? There is more to life than bashing a city-data.com message board...again....law of attraction...you must be attracting these feelings and emotions on your own, so don't blame Las Vegas! Try to have a great day!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 12,049 times
Default Vegas is just a town of "drifters"...

So, I have been here for about six years now.

And I think my assessment is accurate: Vegas is just a town of people running away from life, from family, from their past...

Its a town of drifters.

In addition, this town does not value education. So, if you are educated, you are in the wrong city. It took me some time to get that. For example, when I interview, I have better education than the moron conducting the interview. So, they are not going to hire me because I am a threat to them.

I have also seen the most unprofessional people in this town. People not returning phone calls for important matters, managers taking off their tie during an interview because they were "hot", managers late for their own interview...

the list goes on and on.

I just didn't see these things in Chicago, my hometown.

Moving out soon, and I can't wait.

for the rest of you that love it out here, good luck. You are most likely holding on to a job that is in the service industry, where your lack of education is giving you an opportunity to make good money, money you wouldn't make elsewhere. I am happy for you. You all are smart to move out here, but just know that you are missing out by rubbing elbows with so many drifters that don't care about you or your community.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Why do you keep coming back in here with stupid assumptions about people you have no idea about? Just move on and quit making a fool of yourself by trying to start trouble in thread after thread after thread.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:43 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
What exactly do you do or did for a living?

Why did you come to Vegas in the first place? Job, family etc?

Where are you headed to next?

Why did you ever leave Chicago if its such a "professional" city?

Why(how) did you lose your job?

What about family? Do you have any in Vegas? Did your wife/kids leave you?

Just curious.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:54 PM

515 posts, read 1,180,028 times
Posts like that are really a window to the soul of the poster rather than an indictment of whatever they are criticizing.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turner1974 View Post

And I think my assessment is accurate: Vegas is just a town of people running away from life, from family, from their past...

Its a town of drifters.

In addition, this town does not value education. So, if you are educated, you are in the wrong city. It took me some time to get that. For example, when I interview, I have better education than the moron conducting the interview. So, they are not going to hire me because I am a threat to them.

I have also seen the most unprofessional people in this town. People not returning phone calls for important matters, managers taking off their tie during an interview because they were "hot", managers late for their own interview...

the list goes on and on.

for the rest of you that love it out here, good luck. You are most likely holding on to a job that is in the service industry, where your lack of education is giving you an opportunity to make good money, money you wouldn't make elsewhere. I am happy for you. You all are smart to move out here, but just know that you are missing out by rubbing elbows with so many drifters that don't care about you or your community.
Best wishes to you. I hope you lose your bitterness. It doesn't impact any other person. Bitterness will destroy your psyche.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:00 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turner1974 View Post

Its a town of drifters.

the list goes on and on.

I prefer drifters over deep rooted home town people who have never left their home or experience anything outside of where they grew up. Actually I would prefer a good mix but more on the drifter side. I have been stationed with people who never left home/mommy/daddy and they are the most closed minded people. My experience in the military has shown me that "drifters" can pick up new skills pretty quickly. But the "sheltered home town folks" take some extra mentoring.

Which one are you?

I was stationed in Utah for 2 years and it was the complete opposite of what you see in Vegas. I can easily say that there were hardly any drifters in Utah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: