U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM

9,284 posts, read 13,770,179 times
let me guess the company.. please please please.............give me a P give me an R give me a U....... am I going in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 10:08 PM

109 posts, read 128,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
let me guess the company.. please please please.............give me a P give me an R give me a U....... am I going in the right direction?
No, it's not them...sorry, good guess, but no cigar lol...

Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 PM

159 posts, read 196,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
For all the realtors on the board, here's the latest advice I've gotten for finding a home in Las Vegas....I've been told to look at the exteriors of 10-15 homes, make offers on those homes and THEN if the offers are accepted or feeling out the seller to determine their position, go back and look at the interiors. I think this sounds wack, but hey, this is a wack market. These are mostly short sales, lots of offers flowing in. I understand partially the logic behind this technique....rather than a realtor doing a tour of each house, meanwhile other homes are lost to earlier offers. By going ahead and making offers before looking at the inside, and then backtracking and seeing the house for real, it buys time and holds more homes down instead of losing them.

Having tried to see both sides of this equation, I still think it's a waste for me to look only at outside/neighborhoods, etc. because I can usually be in a house 5 minutes and know it's not right for me and go on to the next one. I search online, have some idea of the interior, just need to see it in "real life". I don't randomly waste my time or broker's time on unknowns. So, for me to be told, hey, let's not look inside before making an offer is just more time wasted for me and the agent I think. Hope this makes sense .....it just seems silly to make offers on homes that I can find out in two minutes are not for me in a quick look around. Just more indicator of how different and weird this market is from anywhere "normal" a buyer may be looking in the country today....
Jesus H. Christ. That's like getting married to a virgin.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 AM

83 posts, read 92,922 times
Get a new agent ASAP I bought a condo in Vegas in Feb from out of town
3 trips looked around 50 properties and I assure you that just seeing the outside
is crazy and a realtor telling you that is also. I recommend you rethink the
approach. I can see driving yourself and narrowing the list but please see
the inside before making a huge mistake and losing your escrow. There are
many places that are totally trashed inside and would cost large cash to rehab.

Last edited by volfanga; 08-08-2010 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: Missed a word

Old 08-08-2010, 01:37 AM

8,748 posts, read 14,194,261 times
I would never ever make an offer on a home if i cannot see the inside first. That is crazy.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 AM

1,504 posts, read 2,109,475 times
No realtor has the same work ethics and when you are looking for a realtor you need to ask questions such as will you show me the home and not just have me drive by? And any other questions that are important to you. Realtors are suppose to exercise reasonable skill and care with respect to all parties to the real estate transaction.

Did you sign an exclusive buyers contract? If you did then you will have to pay the realtor if you do buy a home,whether it's from that realtor or another realtor.

I suggest that you contact that realtors broker and complain,and ask for another realtor. If you did sign an exclusive buyers contract you need to call the realtor's broker and demand that the broker void that contract since it sounds like the realtor isn't performing their fiduciary duty to you. I know most brokers would not tolerate a realtor doing what your realtor is doing to you.

If you haven't signed an exclusive buyers agent contract and if your uncomfortable with talking to the agents broker then look at another real-estate office.

I know you said you want to hurry up and buy something but your wasting time any way making offers on properties you haven't seen the inside of if your offer is accepted and you find out later the property is tore up and or has mold and you have to cancel.

Don't get caught up in the bidding fever, it could end up being a money pit or worse. step back and take a breath. Purchasing a property isn't something you do in a hurry especially in this day and age due to the foreclosures and short sales being damaged.

Besides the agent should find out first any information on the property before sending you out, for instance if there are any other offers, ect.

Many short sales have problems that could cause the sale to never close. For instance if there is a second loan on the property the chances of even closing is null. There are so many variables in purchasing a short sale that home work needs to be done before your agent even shows you.

Good luck in your purchase.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 AM

968 posts, read 1,093,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflybird View Post
Re: me committing to a specific agent, in my case, it's the most feasible way to work it because I'm from out of town, for various practical purposes and reasons it's really the most efficient way to do it. So every case is different as to why people do what they do from that standpoint. If I'm asking a particular agent/group/team to put in the hours for me, then they have the right to request an exclusive agreement from me and in my case, that's what I needed and was expecting/asking for.

I disagree. The realtor should earn your trust, not the other way around. The is a relationship business. Spend one afternoon together looking at houses and you'll know if it works (or not).

Old 08-08-2010, 09:10 AM

15,758 posts, read 19,044,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I disagree. The realtor should earn your trust, not the other way around. The is a relationship business. Spend one afternoon together looking at houses and you'll know if it works (or not).
That is how it should work...but teams generally involve some heavy hitter working shorts or REOs picking up a staff of not so heavies to chase the leads generated by the heavy. They do not follow the normal RE model.

And they often don't do very well at providing a high level of customer service particularly at that which is not the specialty...ie some of the short operations are quite good...but at doing shorts not at representing buyers.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
That is how it should work...but teams generally involve some heavy hitter working shorts or REOs picking up a staff of not so heavies to chase the leads generated by the heavy. They do not follow the normal RE model.

And they often don't do very well at providing a high level of customer service particularly at that which is not the specialty...ie some of the short operations are quite good...but at doing shorts not at representing buyers.
First, thank you all for your comments and don't worry, I'm not gonna make an offer on anything I haven't seen inside. I'm still unclear as to what these "offers" would have consisted of. I asked the guy if money was gonna change hands and he said no, that this was just a way to feel out the sellers and then backtrack and then look at the interiors. I was majorly confused by this spiel, for sure. I was hoping I had misunderstood what he was saying. very freaky information so I in no way am gonna be that stupid to make offers on homes i havent' seen inside. Since I do not have my car with me here in town, I cannot drive around and find things for myself as I normally would do in my home area. So, I'm at a disadvantage in terms of being able to weed out the crap myself first except online photos, google map, the usual internet research.
If I have to terminate the contract because of their lack of fiduciary duty, I will and soon. I'm still in wait and see mode because it's only been like 2 days since signing on, so I don't want to jump the gun just yet. But I am on guard.

I do feel Olecapt is on point when he says this is not the normal RE model. Yes, it SHOULD work certain ways but again and again, I'm getting feedback from not just this company but another agent that I had contact with that it just doesn't work the "normal" way in this market. I'm told again and again particularly regarding short sales, "if you think this is gonna work the way it usually does, it won't". And yes, they often have their heavy doing the shorts and the scouts out there showing the stuff or whatever they do....the "team" I signed with does all types of transactions, including shorts. So, per se, I don't know that they specialize in shorts, but I'd say they are capable of handling it. But so far on the customer service side of it, I spent all day yesterday twiddling my thumbs when I had several addresses (one of which is THEIR listing), that I wanted to go see and that didn't happen.

I won't jump into anything fast, but heck, I didn't think it was asking too much of them to start showing me stuff ASAP, LIKE NOW! So, it's frustrating, but other people on this forum have also complained about realtors not getting back to them, not responding to emails, etc. I had contacted a Remax office months ago by email and when there was absolutely no action at all from them, like setting up an mls feed or anything simple to get me started, after about 3 days I emailed another company with my interests and situation. So, there's serious problems with follow up from what I'm seeing. Thanks for the "good luck" wishes...I'll need it...and hopefully more than luck, but informed ability to make proper decisions.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post

I certainly agree, they work for me, not the other way around. I have yet to spend an actual HOUR much less an afternoon with any realtor in LV so it remains to be seen whether I'll stay with this company. During the signing of the contract, I told them of a prior bad experience in my hometown with a realtor who never listened to my requirements and I terminated the contract after about a week of seeing that he wasn't going to work out for me. So, they have been somewhat "warned" that I don't put up with nonsense and I don't have time to waste on agents who are not professional and doing their duty for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas