U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:29 AM

3 posts, read 7,316 times

Advertisements

25 year old professional woman moving to Vegas for 1 year for job. Went apartment hunting this weekend, and found a few places that looked nice, but then googled reviews and they are terrifying. I want to know whether they are right. I am looking at the Crystal Court apartments which are on Desert Inn and almost Maryland (next to the Mark 1). Does anyone know anything about it, and most important is it safe?

I am also looking at the Desert Club Las Vegas on Koval. It looked gorgeous when I was there, but the reviews are terrifying.

Any feedback?

Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 12:57 AM

183 posts, read 780,635 times
The traffic congested area between the Strip and Maryland Parkway has always been one of the higher crime areas of Las Vegas, probably only exceeded by the blighted neighborhoods somewhat north of there, in the Owens / Lake Mead Drive part of NLV.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 AM

2,404 posts, read 9,524,988 times
there's nothing near there to be that problematic, however, I read that Harrah's had bought the land and may be selling it to the Summer Bay or demolishing them...It is surrounded by a golf course and the Hughes Center, highly unlikely to be unsafe...Further south at Sierra Vista is very unsafe...I've been in that area many times in the last month, the apartment complex does look very nice, I would check the crime map at CrimeView Community Incident Map

Anyways, most complexes in Las Vegas are unsafe as well...

Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 AM

9,752 posts, read 21,603,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fone84259 View Post
25 year old professional woman moving to Vegas for 1 year for job. Went apartment hunting this weekend, and found a few places that looked nice, but then googled reviews and they are terrifying. I want to know whether they are right. I am looking at the Crystal Court apartments which are on Desert Inn and almost Maryland (next to the Mark 1). Does anyone know anything about it, and most important is it safe?

I am also looking at the Desert Club Las Vegas on Koval. It looked gorgeous when I was there, but the reviews are terrifying.

Any feedback?

Help!!!
If i were you, a single woman, check out area's in Spring Valley and The Lakes. It's not a bad commute to the strip, and you will feel alot safer avoiding the area's you originally were interested in. You will love The Lakes area. Spring valley is older and more established, which also means alot of graffiti.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Only livable place would be the little condos in the LV Country Club. They are getting popular and are now at $900 per month.

Other than that try 89117 or 89147....these are west of the strip with good strip access.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:25 AM

818 posts, read 3,340,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Only livable place would be the little condos in the LV Country Club. They are getting popular and are now at $900 per month.

Other than that try 89117 or 89147....these are west of the strip with good strip access.

That's a bit overdramatic, no? A lot of the tower apts east of the strip are nice places. Of course, being in the middle of it all has its drawbacks, but hardly "unlivable". I do agree with capt though that since you'll be driving anyway, why not live 5 or so miles off the strip? It only adds 10 minutes to the commute and the increase in quiet and safety is def. worth it for a single lady.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
That's a bit overdramatic, no? A lot of the tower apts east of the strip are nice places. Of course, being in the middle of it all has its drawbacks, but hardly "unlivable". I do agree with capt though that since you'll be driving anyway, why not live 5 or so miles off the strip? It only adds 10 minutes to the commute and the increase in quiet and safety is def. worth it for a single lady.

Nah..for a 25 year female who is not locally sophisticated and is looking for relatively low rent that was gospel. For you me or even the Kid it is likely not true.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 7,316 times
Default ok

so assuming you are right that I should not live that close to the strip, but still don't want a crazy commute, where would you recommend? Where is a few miles farther but TOTALLY SAFE. Willing to pay up to $1200/month.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fone84259 View Post
so assuming you are right that I should not live that close to the strip, but still don't want a crazy commute, where would you recommend? Where is a few miles farther but TOTALLY SAFE. Willing to pay up to $1200/month.
Watch for a PM

Old 02-04-2008, 04:34 AM

3 posts, read 7,702 times
PS - North Las Vegas and downtown are having a fortune pumped back into them by the city to renovate and beautify. The whole area is become better and better while even the Lakes is seeing a lot more crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or