U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM

78 posts, read 349,070 times
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! I've already pointed a couple friends to this thread who are looking for the same thing, so thank for all the feedback, and future suggestions are welcome, as well!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,743,522 times
Just watch out for Yelp reviews. I'm newer in town too and didn't know where to go so I checked out Yelp. Ended up traipsing all the way over to China Town to this male hairdresser who had many rave reviews. Sadly, my hair was 14 inches long so he had a virgin canvas to cut any design. I told him I wanted an undercut A-line bob. I was hoping to run into someone that had that haircut so I could ask who did it, but no luck. As I'm sitting in the chair, even after being shown pictures of the haircut, I'm getting more and more ill at ease that this guy is not doing it right. Long story short, he totally ruined my hair and cut it just the reverse. It will take at least 6 months now before I can strike out to find someone who might cut it properly. Obviously he and his staff stayed busy writing reviews on Yelp.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 PM

78 posts, read 349,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Just watch out for Yelp reviews. I'm newer in town too and didn't know where to go so I checked out Yelp. Ended up traipsing all the way over to China Town to this male hairdresser who had many rave reviews. Sadly, my hair was 14 inches long so he had a virgin canvas to cut any design. I told him I wanted an undercut A-line bob. I was hoping to run into someone that had that haircut so I could ask who did it, but no luck. As I'm sitting in the chair, even after being shown pictures of the haircut, I'm getting more and more ill at ease that this guy is not doing it right. Long story short, he totally ruined my hair and cut it just the reverse. It will take at least 6 months now before I can strike out to find someone who might cut it properly. Obviously he and his staff stayed busy writing reviews on Yelp.
Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I actually know who you're talking about because I read those same rave reviews about that guy, but was skeptical after I read other reviews on another site. Thanks for sharing - hopefully others will read and avoid before it's too late.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:31 AM

8,783 posts, read 14,737,629 times
One good thing about hair: If you get a bad cut, it will always grow out again.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,743,522 times
That's true Pink, providing you know you have a long life span and you don't plan on going anywhere for the next year. LOL.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times
I just want to add, that it doesn't really matter where you go, you could go to a top dollar salon and spend $100 for stylist that has very little experience and get a bad cut, or go to a place like supercuts, where they are known for low cost cuts $15 or so, and get a stylist that really knows what they are doing and get a cut you love.... the point I make is that it doesn't matter if the salon is high class or not.. its important to get a good stylist that knows what you want and whom you are comfortable with.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 PM

328 posts, read 273,108 times
Hair Xperts on westcliff and buffalo.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 AM

29 posts, read 36,998 times
How about a stylist that works with curly hair?

Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 AM

663 posts, read 869,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm0109 View Post
How about a stylist that works with curly hair?

I'm looking for a stylist that can cut curly hair, too. I found good reviews on the naturally curly site for Danielle at Cut me Loose Salon in Henderson. I've never been to her so I can't say how she does but worth a try maybe.?

Last edited by Dltordj; 05-18-2011 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas