U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentmax View Post
Just watched a show on A&E called Flipping Vegas.

It focessed on an agency known as Goliath as they continue to purchase homes in 'not so nice' neighbourhoods for around 20-40 K then get rid of the grafiti, install granite counters, then voila.....re-sell it for 80+ K.

One house in particular was referred to as "Blue Lake"? Looked a little sketchy, but I could't quite place the area.

Anyone see this episode or know an area called Blue Lake??
The house is listed for $89K...and will sell for that on a cold day in hell.

Maybe $50K-55K if they are lucky.

You can list for whatever you want...but unless you find a mentally challenged buyer it ain't gonna sell for that.

House appears to be in Clark County.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,909,831 times
If you look on the Clark County assessors website they have about 20 houses or so. But if you look at the dates, some of them they have had for over a year, so really are they doing that good?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,909,831 times
Nope, looked at previous owners, and shows they have the same amount that the own now. Looks like just something that the TV show made up.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:18 AM

89 posts, read 211,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
If you look on the Clark County assessors website they have about 20 houses or so. But if you look at the dates, some of them they have had for over a year, so really are they doing that good?
I don't think they're doing very well. The house featured on Flipping Vegas (3580 Blue Lake Ave.) has been on Realtor.com since early April and has not sold (this is in spite of the graphic at the end of the episode stating that they got two full price offers on the first day).

I don't like the fact that A&E intentionally mislead viewers by implying that the house was sold (an offer does not guarantee a sale). They lied by omission by not letting viewers know that Goliath could not sell the house at almost $90k. I'll bet the sales fell through because the house would not appraise at the asking price.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKVegas View Post
I don't think they're doing very well. The house featured on Flipping Vegas (3580 Blue Lake Ave.) has been on Realtor.com since early April and has not sold (this is in spite of the graphic at the end of the episode stating that they got two full price offers on the first day).

I don't like the fact that A&E intentionally mislead viewers by implying that the house was sold (an offer does not guarantee a sale). They lied by omission by not letting viewers know that Goliath could not sell the house at almost $90k. I'll bet the sales fell through because the house would not appraise at the asking price.
I would doubt very much they got two full price offers the first day.

It did not sell because it is a 55K max neighborhood. It certainly would not appraise and I doubt anyone with that much cash would get near that price.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 AM

675 posts, read 1,586,042 times
I thought it was an entertaining show. I did look up the Mexican restaurant and will try it someday (during the day). Also noted the granite and tile place for future reference. The frustrating thing about these shows for me is to see these contractors that work for the flippers for next to nothing. Where does one find these guys? I'd gladly pay twice what the Porche owner was paying to get some of that work done. It's seems pretty unrealistic. Especially since this flipper didn't even speak spanish. Baldermar (sp) where are you! I have work!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM

9 posts, read 19,532 times
I watched this one with the wife too. Although i think it is bs that they would get that asking price in a place where the tool in the Porsche had to tote a gun.

While the show is bs... I do have to give props to fixing up houses that otherwise would just be sitting there rotting.

On a second note, where is that road course located at that he was running on? That looks like it would be a blast to have something like that locally.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:17 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,820,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_Coder View Post
I watched this one with the wife too. Although i think it is bs that they would get that asking price in a place where the tool in the Porsche had to tote a gun.

While the show is bs... I do have to give props to fixing up houses that otherwise would just be sitting there rotting.

On a second note, where is that road course located at that he was running on? That looks like it would be a blast to have something like that locally.
Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch3601 S Highway 160, Pahrump, NV 89061-7015

I didn't know about it either. Looks like fun!

Old 08-22-2010, 05:00 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,265,788 times
When does this show air? I couldn't find it on the guide.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:34 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,820,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
When does this show air? I couldn't find it on the guide.
Dunno, I just happened upon it. Only thing google says about it (besides this thread)
is this

Flipping Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas