U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 AM

5 posts, read 7,155 times

Advertisements

I have been frustrated with trying to use realtor.com to research houses in Las Vegas. I'm looking at the summerlin Area or west part of town which seemed nicer to me while there and driving around. I can not post everything about myself atm because of the public nature of this forum.

I have been looking at realtor.com and found a couple of places I just loved but alas the one that was active-exclusive rights just switched to contingent offer.

These two I loved but both are now contingent.
Satellite Beach Dr Las Vegas, NV 89134 -just changed tonight
Chantemar St Las Vegas, NV 89135

I'm kind of looking at places without trying to let my family know that I am, so trying to call a realtor doesn't work well for me. I grew up with a father who had access to the mls and I did all the searching I wanted to. Now I'm frustrated even trying to look online.

There is a lot to my story but I have no job ready to go in Vegas however I do hold two union cards. Teamsters and Pipefitters. Not that that gets me a job but you guys wouldn't believe the stuff I went through this year. Maybe someone from these unions will be able to lend me a hand finding work out there. Anyway I really want to make the move to Vegas for two main reasons..

Vegas= still a union town
Vegas=nicer weather than Chicagoland and better quality of life.

I also think the speculators which burried the city in debt from overbuilding were actually right about Vegas being the up and coming place to live. I think Vegas and Clean Energy is kind of natural and is sitting in the middle of the next waive of utillity driven investments. I could be wrong but it's a good bet to move down south where the sun shines 300 days a year.

I hear the hughs Corp is going to start building again on the second half of the summerlin property they own. This has to be a long term investment strategy at the moment but still a strategy I think will work for them if they follow through with those plans.

Anyway I'm running on a tangent now but the point is I don't want to work with some cut throat business realtor only after a buck but a person who can lend a hand and even be a friend. I'd like to start keeping my eyes peeled at places right now. I'll tell you the whole story of who I am and what I've been through this year so that you can get a better feel of the place I'm looking for.

This is a huge leap to take for me bt I feel like nothing is gonna stop me from living the rest of my life the way I feel I'd like to at this point. I've come to far to settle for anything less than perfect for me.

Let me know if you think you can lend a hand. I don't like fast talkers. I want someone who has their feet on the ground and their head somewhere other than where the sun don't shine.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-22-2010 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: let's avoid giving specific addresses on the forum ...please use DM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 06:35 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,385,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beermantm View Post
I have been frustrated with trying to use realtor.com to research houses in Las Vegas. I'm looking at the summerlin Area or west part of town which seemed nicer to me while there and driving around. I can not post everything about myself atm because of the public nature of this forum.

I have been looking at realtor.com and found a couple of places I just loved but alas the one that was active-exclusive rights just switched to contingent offer.

These two I loved but both are now contingent.
Satellite Beach Dr Las Vegas, NV 89134 -just changed tonight
Chantemar St Las Vegas, NV 89135

I'm kind of looking at places without trying to let my family know that I am, so trying to call a realtor doesn't work well for me. I grew up with a father who had access to the mls and I did all the searching I wanted to. Now I'm frustrated even trying to look online.

There is a lot to my story but I have no job ready to go in Vegas however I do hold two union cards. Teamsters and Pipefitters. Not that that gets me a job but you guys wouldn't believe the stuff I went through this year. Maybe someone from these unions will be able to lend me a hand finding work out there. Anyway I really want to make the move to Vegas for two main reasons..

Vegas= still a union town
Vegas=nicer weather than Chicagoland and better quality of life.

I also think the speculators which burried the city in debt from overbuilding were actually right about Vegas being the up and coming place to live. I think Vegas and Clean Energy is kind of natural and is sitting in the middle of the next waive of utillity driven investments. I could be wrong but it's a good bet to move down south where the sun shines 300 days a year.

I hear the hughs Corp is going to start building again on the second half of the summerlin property they own. This has to be a long term investment strategy at the moment but still a strategy I think will work for them if they follow through with those plans.

Anyway I'm running on a tangent now but the point is I don't want to work with some cut throat business realtor only after a buck but a person who can lend a hand and even be a friend. I'd like to start keeping my eyes peeled at places right now. I'll tell you the whole story of who I am and what I've been through this year so that you can get a better feel of the place I'm looking for.

This is a huge leap to take for me bt I feel like nothing is gonna stop me from living the rest of my life the way I feel I'd like to at this point. I've come to far to settle for anything less than perfect for me.

Let me know if you think you can lend a hand. I don't like fast talkers. I want someone who has their feet on the ground and their head somewhere other than where the sun don't shine.

Thanks for your time.
First of all you should contact the union hall, right now construction jobs are at a stand still and umemployment is 14.8%. I take it that you must be paying cash to purchase a home since you are unemployed, if your looking for realtor there are plenty out here, most of the would be realtors are gone and the ones that are any good for the most part are still practicing so check out the real.com and find a realtor.

And whoever told you that Hughs corp was going to be building in Summerlin didn't know what they are talking about. Hughs corp hasn't owned Summerlin in years.

The developer that purchased Summerlin is filing a chapter 11 bankruptcy is having trouble with the heirs of Howard Hughes yes that Howard Hughes.

Hughes heirs file objections to General Growth reorganization

Good luck in your search

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-22-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: quote edited

Old 08-22-2010, 12:11 PM

89 posts, read 203,626 times
Why would your family have to know that you're working with a realtor? Do you live with them and share a phone?

How were you planning to pay for the house? Since you're unemployed, the realtor is going to need to know that you can actually pay for a house somehow.

By the way, being an unemployed union guy you'll fit it perfectly in Las Vegas. Come on down, the more the merrier!

Old 08-22-2010, 01:04 PM

Yes I would be an all cash buyer and have about 3 years of living expenses on top of what I'd like to spend on a house.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinVegas View Post
Why would your family have to know that you're working with a realtor? Do you live with them and share a phone?

How were you planning to pay for the house? Since you're unemployed, the realtor is going to need to know that you can actually pay for a house somehow.

By the way, being an unemployed union guy you'll fit it perfectly in Las Vegas. Come on down, the more the merrier!
Yes I live with my father atm. He bought my house when he divorced my mom.

I don't consider myself unemployed either because I didn't get laid off or fired or anything like that but that is some of the things I'd rather not post on here publicly.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
And whoever told you that Hughs corp was going to be building in Summerlin didn't know what they are talking about. Hughs corp hasn't owned Summerlin in years.

The developer that purchased Summerlin is filing a chapter 11 bankruptcy is having trouble with the heirs of Howard Hughes yes that Howard Hughes.
OKay the spin off company but the rights to the land are still Hughs and summerlin has done very well for them. Right?

Old 08-22-2010, 03:23 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,385,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beermantm View Post
OKay the spin off company but the rights to the land are still Hughs and summerlin has done very well for them. Right?
If you read the article I included you will see that Hughs corp no longer owns Summerlin and the company that does own Summerlin is currently in Bankruptcy. The Hughes family decendants are suing to try and keep getting the money that was promised to them,Which they no longer will get if a new owner comes in and owns Summerlin.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
If you read the article I included you will see that Hughs corp no longer owns Summerlin and the company that does own Summerlin is currently in Bankruptcy. The Hughes family decendants are suing to try and keep getting the money that was promised to them,Which they no longer will get if a new owner comes in and owns Summerlin.
Hughes Corp. heirs object to General Growth plan | Chicago Breaking Business (http://chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2010/08/hughes-corp-heirs-object-to-general-growth-plan.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas